Help--question about EBAY--need a lawyer

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH LAWYERS. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO WILL GAIN FROM THAT. OFFER HIM MORE MONEY TO COMPLETE THE DEAL. MAYBE HE DID SCREW UP. ARE YOU GOING TO SCREW HIM FOR THAT? IS THE ITEM WORTH WHAT HE WANTS? BECAREFUL OF KARMA PAYBACK AS WELL.

bikertat said:
I have to wait 10 days to file the complaint and I told him I was going to do so, and he stated he didn't care he would just cancel his account anyways....I don't know why he would do this, cause he has (what seems to be) a good business in Cali and a nice website for his business....

what is the website of his buisness let Brad & I check it out. What that guy did is messed up I am sorry to hear someone did that to you.

redsled said:
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH LAWYERS. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO WILL GAIN FROM THAT. OFFER HIM MORE MONEY TO COMPLETE THE DEAL. MAYBE HE DID SCREW UP. ARE YOU GOING TO SCREW HIM FOR THAT? IS THE ITEM WORTH WHAT HE WANTS? BECAREFUL OF KARMA PAYBACK AS WELL.

I'm not one to jump on someones screw up. When you put something on ebay you should double, even triple, check everything----it is a LEGAL contract. Remember who is getting ripped off here---its me...not him....I have done nothing but give, give, give and I always hear---"no good deed goes undone" So believe me, I'm not to worried about Karma....He set the starting bid and the buy it now price, not me.....:mad:

I think Redsled is on the right track. If the seller doesn't want to consider getting to an agreed on price...move on...don't let this creep ruin your day.

Roy

Prof said:
I think Redsled is on the right track. If the seller doesn't want to consider getting to an agreed on price...move on...don't let this creep ruin your day.

Roy

You are all right....I just would like to give him a taste of his own medicine...like I said, its the principle.....Talk about Karma.....he should watch what he is doing to people.....And I want to call the BBB on him in Cali, but I'm really not that type of person, ya know.......oh well I just thought I would give it a shot to see if I could find someone on here who might be able to help......
I'll just have to go drink a few beers now...:D

AWDisuzu said:
dude get over it seriously. it's ebay

It's not that I'm "bawling":bawling: about it.....and if it was for me I wouldn't care, but I was buying it for my father.....It pisses me off that some f*cked up piece of sh*t can't hold his word....like most f*cks in this world....

bikertat said:
It's not that I'm "bawling":bawling: about it.....and if it was for me I wouldn't care, but I was buying it for my father.....It pisses me off that some f*cked up piece of sh*t can't hold his word....like most f*cks in this world....
You hit the nail right on the head there. Honor is all but dead these days. Used to be that you could take a man at his word, that went the way of Andy Griffith. It's really a damn shame when you think about it. That is the reason I would try like hell to put the screws to him, just because he deserves it.

BigRed460 said:
All I can say is a brick is cheaper that a lawer...

Thats a great idea, but unfortunately I'd be the one getting sued, and then he'd win

mcrodney said:
is this guy in tarzana ca?

I believe so, yes it is....why you know about this place???

SilvrSRT10 said:
Here is someone that might be able to help you find one.

http://marvin3m.com/baseball/alstar.htm

Thanks I will email him as soon as I get back to work.....I hope I can find one from this person.......thanks again

OCBob said:
You hit the nail right on the head there. Honor is all but dead these days. Used to be that you could take a man at his word, that went the way of Andy Griffith. It's really a damn shame when you think about it. That is the reason I would try like hell to put the screws to him, just because he deserves it.

Thank you OCBob---that is exactly the point I am trying to make....I should have known a fellow biker would understand:D

Last edited:
yea, but the guy selling obviously made a mistake in his auction and now you're trying to leverage the "system" to rip him off. you're the one that needs to step back and realize you're being a dick to this guy. I've done the same thing before and never has anyone acting like this.

if you want the item bad enuf, pay the man what he wants for it or buy from someone else.

bikertat said:

AWDisuzu said:
yea, but the guy selling obviously made a mistake in his auction and now you're trying to leverage the "system" to rip him off. you're the one that needs to step back and realize you're being a dick to this guy. I've done the same thing before and never has anyone acting like this.

if you want the item bad enuf, pay the man what he wants for it or buy from someone else.

Here is an idea...if your gonna make a mistake, don't make the mistake on a legal contract.....and also his listing was on there for 5 days, I made the bid with two days left, not two minutes----he should have noticed that he made the mistake (if it was a mistake) when I placed the bid.....Ebay sends you a notice when someone makes the bid....all he had to do was, when I made the bid, email me and said--"hold on, I made a mistake, there should have been a ""reserve"" on this item"....But NO, the a**hole waited till the bidding was over then stated "I'm not selling you the item you won for that price"--He told me this over the phone and hung up on me....WHAT---and I'm the F*cking Dick....:dontknow: If you say so............................And I'm sorry if anyone feels I am being childish over this...but I have said this plenty of times....IT IS THE F*CKING PRINCIPLE..........BE A MAN OF YOUR WORDS.....LEARN TO ADMIT WHEN YOU ARE WRONG......AND ACCEPT THE FACTS...I'm not the one who put the item up for sale....and another thing.....if the shoe was on the other foot, the guy would have wanted me to pay.....Thats just the way it goes.........

Last edited:
I understand your point but seriously, mistakes happen. and ebay is not a legal contract. i know ebay's policy states that it's a binding agreement when you bid and all, but in a courtroom it nothing. nobody actually signed anything. as long as you post negative feedback, everyone will know this guy made a mistake.

AWDisuzu said:
I understand your point but seriously, mistakes happen. and ebay is not a legal contract. i know ebay's policy states that it's a binding agreement when you bid and all, but in a courtroom it nothing. nobody actually signed anything. as long as you post negative feedback, everyone will know this guy made a mistake.
The guy didn't make a mistake, he changed his mind. Bikertat isn't being a dick to the guy and certainly isn't trying to rip him off. That was a shitty thing to say to him.

When I had my shop I misquoted people a few times, cost myself some money. But it was my mistake, so I ate it. Was I happy about it? Of course not. But I earned a measure of respect from those customers. You can't just honor your word some of the time, when it suits you. Either your word means something or it is just shit. And if your word is shit, well then so are you. Just my opinion, but then again that's the only one I care about LOL.

Hey Bikertat,
One of my buddies sells a pinball machine called pitch back from the 60's for $1500. If you want me to get more info for you pm me.
Mas
btw His main business is slot machines.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back