Help, vibrations from rear lowering kit

FIREBALL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, on my tuck are a lowering kit, but i dont know, what kind or manufacturer. It was fit on by buying the truck. I have in front and rear two fingers from wheel to body. Now, maybee a little extreme for here, but the suspension is ok for me.
My prob is, if i drive 70 miles and more i have more and more deep vibrations from the rear axle. Is the a result from the lowering? How can i stop this?
The truck have 19000 miles, othe driveline seams ok.

Have any here a picture from a stock rear suspension ( spring and axle mounting ) for a srt quad cab? In my repair manual i have only a regular cab as example :-( shit.

First thing I would do is rotate the tires from front to rear and see if the problem moves. Also take some pictures of your kit while you have the tires off to show us what kind of kit you have and if there is something someone on here will notice. And one last thing. Where are you from? Someone who might be local might be able to check it out for you.

you need to check your pinion angle , it needs to be around -4

also have the center support bearing checked, lowering the quad cabs has detrimental affects on the center bearing and wears it out very quickly

Stinker, please explain me over the oinion angel -4
What mean this?

You need to cut your rear bump stops down to about 1" total. That will not affect your vibration but it will make the ride much better.

Aha, i have see, the the free way from axle to the frame is very small - but can i do this wothout problems?

FIREBALL said:
Aha, i have see, the the free way from axle to the frame is very small - but can i do this wothout problems?

No problems and it is very soft rubber, can cut them with a good pocket knife.

Ok, will do it. Thank you for this.

Now, how can any explain me hillbilly, what means to hell the pinion angel? And how can i tune it? Pictures?

Thanks, now I understand this... I make a measurement and check, how can i do this by the truck. All will be good.

sorry i got a ton of stuff on the table I need to finish today, my boys are taking good caree of ya tho:rock: :rock: :rock:

cant really tell from the pics what type lowweing kit you got, need a pic of the bottom of the axle of the pad itself

now on the pinion angle , it is basically where the snout where the driveshaft connects to the rear axle, it may need to be dropped down a touch if your lowering kit allows it.

also caltracs do help via your pm, but since its a qc I need a pic of the bottom spring pad, some use an offset pin setting and we will have to see if yours if offset or normal

fireball I think ya'll are the folks that contacted me about selling some of my stuff over yonder?:)

one thing I have to tell ya bud, shipping to germany is ultra mega xpensive there buddy, i hate to say it , but OWOOWOWOWOOWOWO its high dollar,

but if you know somewere you can get containors, there is a guy in tx that ships stuff overseas in containors and supposedly pretty decently priced, Axxle and floor or someone else has used it for bulk stuff

Yes, shure, your rigth. We import weekly a lot of parts for Buell and HD, so we can also do it for some Dodge parts, we think.

Return to the low kit: I make more pics over this for identificate. I have see no options for tunethe pinion degrees on the axle bottom. My opinion is, the foregoing owner had make a simple lowering shit. Now, we make the best from this or change it to a real, goood kit.

The problem lies in drivshaft, check the carrier bearing and its angle, and the rear u joint angle.:rock:

Yes, this is fact meanwihle. The only prob is the unindentificated lowkit with no tune opts to change the angle.

So, sunday works ...

Here are the pics from reas suspension. Hope, you can it identifivate now, Stinker.

http://fanatics-parts.net/mediadetails.php?key=f87f74a3e97b41df80d8&title=Susp

And is that normal? I can move the driveline 1cm horizontal and vertical in the u joint bearing. Is that rubber mounted or damage? Never see before...
On the picture you can see, that the lowering makes the driveline go extreme up to propeler shaft. I think this are the vibration reasons too...

http://fanatics-parts.net/mediadetails.php?key=79228848e2b87fca6ef2&title=driveline1

A thing for the workshop i think.

Stinker said:
fireball I think ya'll are the folks that contacted me about selling some of my stuff over yonder?:)

one thing I have to tell ya bud, shipping to germany is ultra mega xpensive there buddy, i hate to say it , but OWOOWOWOWOOWOWO its high dollar,

but if you know somewere you can get containors, there is a guy in tx that ships stuff overseas in containors and supposedly pretty decently priced, Axxle and floor or someone else has used it for bulk stuff
yep , Hans & Bianca is a dutch couple that livs in Buffalo/Texas.
very kind people and bring the stuff to Europe for a fare price. :congrats:
they have a website http://www.usa2ned.com/index.htm

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back