HELP! Wideband is reading lean at idle!!!

i read somewhere that the wideband should be 1 foot from engine if un-boosted and 2 feet from engine if boosted. true or false?

also the plugs did look black and sooty, (rich) during compression test.

Yes the cam was aparently added to the tune. but the retards at SPI wrote over the ROE card tune i had before the cam install. i'll measure the pully for yas tonight.

also I read a thread somewhere (of course I cant find it again...) that when this guy put a lumpy cam in his supercharged viper his bypass valve was fluttering due to reduced engine vacuum.

Anybody ever have one that just wouldn't close properly?

Also does anyone know anything about the difference in wideband placement for boosted engines vs. non-boosted engines?

I run the Roe Racing 710 cam and the smaller Roe supercharger pulley and never had any issues with the bypass valve fluctuating. If you can see behind the supercharger there is an arm from the diaphragm to the valve that will move as soon as the engine fires up and the closes as you loose vacuum under heavy acceleration. The diaphragm is spring loaded so if you are having a low vacuum condition or fluctuation you may be able to change it out with one that has a lower spring pressure and will open easier and stay open under less vacuum.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back