Help with bi-xenon HID kit

Ram Z's SRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I bought this hid kit from a friend of mine. It's a bi-xenon(high/low) hid kit. I have the cancelled that I need for dodge but the kitdoesnt include a relay or anything like that. The kit has one plug that plugs into the factory pigtail for the headlight which leaves the other one open. Then, it all routes through a control box which has it's own 12v source from battery, separate grounds for each light, each bulb has it's own ballast and separate wire to control highs. I know there is a way to do this and make this work. There are way to many dodge rams and SRTs that have this done. I know about the can bus kit but it's to late for that, I didn't find out about that kit till later. I just need to know what I need to do to make my kit work. I have an 05 SRT, someone please help me with a way to make this work. I will post a diagram of my setup here in a bit. Thanx in advance.

I have done hids and understand how to hook them up without a wire diagram..... What exactly are you confused about? I see you dont have a relay but does it has resistors? My kit has two for each side (high/low) I have the 12V coming from the battery, the ballast hooks up to the bulb on each side and the factory connector plugs into a separate connector that hte wire harness provides...... I mean it's pretty simple to me unless you got a lower quality kit....... let me know if i can help and ill pm you my #

See I have hooked up othe hid kits before. This kit is totally different. The kit is self explanatory within itself, but the kit only has one plug for the wiring harness. I have two resistors for the hids but when I hook everything up, all I get is a blinking strobe and clicking from the ballast.

Sounds like you hooked the HID's up the way i did the first time, but then i went by, troys? diagram. Troy, cant remember if it was you that gave me that diagram or not. Anyways, i understand this kit is completely different, however, that being said, isnt to different. So you have the plug for the main lights right? You just dont have the one for the signal/parking lights?

You say your ballast is clicking, how/where did you run your ground? Whereever it is did you sand the paint off and apply di-electric grease? How/where did you run your power wire? You need to make sure your getting a good ground and a constant 12 volts. By flickering are you saying that your hid bulbs are flickering? If thwy are do not continue to run them, flickering will kill the bulbs...while testing it only allow it to flicker a couple times then stop until your ready to test it again after making adjustments/ fixing what you think may be the problem

h4_hi_lo%20guide.jpg
This is my harness for the HID's. Slightly a little different than most.

This looks like the same diagram I had. I had the same issue at first but when back and stripped all of the spots where they ground including the relays. then it worked fine. If that doesn't work I can send you pics of mine. If your relays arent hooked up right it will give most of the issues so I'd start there next after you get all of the grounds taken care of and checked to make sure your properlly grounded and you have good contact.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back