Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so far this is what ive done

-pulled out the shifter
-pulled the drive shaft
-disconnected the computer connections
-unhooked the gas line from the top of the trans
-pulled the crossmember and the bolts connecting the trans to the bell housing

now for my questions where can i get the hydraulic line tool from?
and im having a hard time getting the trans to budge from the bellhousing, i read in a posts that there was 6 bolts that held the trans to bell but i pulled 8did i take out the wrong bolts?

sounds like you took out the bellhousing bolts to the motor, make sure it is in neutral you will have to pry it about a 1/2 inch befor it wiggles free from the dowl pins. the 6bolts are on the back of the bell housing it is alot easier that way. Also you can use a fuel line disconnect tool to disconnect the slave.

the way it looks underneath is there is the trans then it looks like there is a 3 inch spacer then it looks like the bellhousing. the bolts i took out came out of the spacer into what i assume the bell housing. they were the furthest bolts back on the trans?

can't find a photo in the service manual.

by the book the furthest back 6 bolt is the tail shaft housin.

ya talkin bout the bolts by the slave cyl. line area???

Look for a white plastic collar around the clutch line near the slave. Using whatever tool (needle nose pliers) works for you to push that white collar towards the slave to release the line.

It's been awhile but I don't remember being able to remove a T56 from the bellhousing in the vehicle. I could be wrong though.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back