help!!!

Hilgee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys I got the motor back in and everything put together. Went to start and it would not... Checked spark and nothing at least in the #1 wire. Put the scanner on it ( "Snap on" one) and this code comes up:

ignishion/ dist
engine speed input circuit malfunction

We checked the crank sensor and it looks fine but......

Any help would be great. I need to get this running so I can break it in before tuning.

Thanks

what was done to the motor? i asume it cranks?

hmm, timeing was set correctly? sounds the crank sensor, only things i can think of off the top of my head

did you remeber to fill the blinker fluid?

can the crank sensor just go bad????

I can get a new sensor but what about the cord. How can I check that?

hook a scanner to the ALDL and see if the computer is working;) see if the computer is communicating with the scanner

then look for something unplugged first:D

chances are pretty good the crank angle sensor is unplugged, or went bad from sitting. try a new one if you can

One word or caution.

It is extremely hard on a new engine to be cranked a lot without starting. It needs to start and get the oil flowing. Not as bad with a roller cam, but other components can only go so long before they will start to lose the lubrication from the assembly lube.

The motor was well primed by the engine builder, but I know what you mean.

I have a new sensor coming this morning just in case. How do you check the wire leading up to the sensor. Is there a way to check conductivity across the 3 blades of the wire??

the best way to check the crank sensor is to see if you are reading RPM on your scanner!!!!!!! if you are reading rpm your sensor is fine... dont just throw parts

She is running!!!!!

Thanks all. The connection to the sensor was upside down. Not all my fault....

Now to break her in and get ready for Joe D next weekend.... woo hoo

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back