Help......

SRT-10 OF SWEDEN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys...Need some advice/help...We are in the shop and trying to get Stinkers lowering kit on my truck and i have a question about the blocks that go in between the rear axel and the springs...What do I do about the stud/bolt that goes from the rear axel through the springs....:dontknow: :dontknow: Do we remove it or do i have to get a replacement...:dontknow: :dontknow:

PLEAS HELP ME.....:eek: :eek:

Stefan.....

my puter is slo on the road bo, but here is one pic, after we talked, I dont know, still dont know where a bolt would fit thru the leaf spring and the axle, there is one that we talked of thru the spring pack, but its not connected to the axle:confused:

When ya post a pic it will tell more tales, hopefully we kin figure this out sir:rock:

Attachments

• Picture 178.jpg
    Picture 178.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 77
Stinker said:
my puter is slo on the road bo, but here is one pic, after we talked, I dont know, still dont know where a bolt would fit thru the leaf spring and the axle, there is one that we talked of thru the spring pack, but its not connected to the axle:confused:

When ya post a pic it will tell more tales, hopefully we kin figure this out sir:rock:

Thanks Tony for the support you are an class act my friend....:congrats: :congrats: :rock: :rock:

Will post pics here tomorrow....

Stefan...

Pics.....

Attachments

• PISS.011.jpg
    PISS.011.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 43
  • PISS.013.jpg
    PISS.013.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 50
  • PISS.015.jpg
    PISS.015.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 47
  • PISS.012.jpg
    PISS.012.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 47
  • PISS.014.jpg
    PISS.014.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 54
Well from what i know that bolt is not supposed to be removed i think. I believe that holds the leaf springs together. I also know that the top part of the bolt is what centers it on the axle. Its sort of centering dowel. try this. bolt that center bolt back on and then use a hammer and knock it loose off the axle..

But dont take my word for granted, i havent even installed my lowering kit that i've had for a few months now

Ferrari is correct:D
Yep Stefan that is the spring pac centering bolt, trust me on this:D it should be removed from the axle,\
if you look where it goes into the axle pad, there is a hole, that is the centering hole, that locates the axle in the correct position.

yours is like a few others that hve had rust problems, the pin is stuck in the hole,
put some lubrictation on the pin, move it around bump it so on , it should come out, but first install the nutt back on the bottom of the spring pack , that holds the springs together.

then when you get it removed, you install the block the pin on the block will go into the hole in the pad on the axle, then the pin on the spring pack will locate itself into the bottom of the block.

I see how you thought it was made into the axle;) but that bolt holds the axle together, it should come apart as one unit, the entire spring pack should come apart from the axle, then install the block in between the two:D

Thanks Guys.....:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

It works.....:D :D ....Will post pics when we are done...:rock: :rock:

Stefan..

Yet another reason this forum rocks......:rock: Members and vendors working together......:congrats:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back