HELP!!!!!!!

etaylormcp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience rebuilding the QC transmissions? Freakin dealer wants $2800 bucks and I don't have it right now. Medical fun just cost me my last $3k in savings and now my truck which is also my daily driver is down. Kickdown clutch is gone according to the dealer but they want $600 bucks just to tell me if they can fix it for $3K. I told him I would rather blow a smurf! I am willing to help with the work I have wrenched on small blocks most of my younger life till mid 20's and am a computer engineer by trade. Anyone need IT work? Will swap for trans work plus help and as much cash as I can put together.

PM Dave (BONE), Tony (JTS Venom Performance), or Patrick (Dragon)... they can probably get you a good deal on the parts. :)

Auto trans repair is a pain in the ass. :(

etaylormcp said:
Anyone have any experience rebuilding the QC transmissions? Freakin dealer wants $2800 bucks and I don't have it right now. Medical fun just cost me my last $3k in savings and now my truck which is also my daily driver is down. Kickdown clutch is gone according to the dealer but they want $600 bucks just to tell me if they can fix it for $3K. I told him I would rather blow a smurf! I am willing to help with the work I have wrenched on small blocks most of my younger life till mid 20's and am a computer engineer by trade. Anyone need IT work? Will swap for trans work plus help and as much cash as I can put together.
Whats a kick down clutch?????????????

I believe you can get a trans from several sources on herefor 3k or something like that ----Check with Stinker he would know the names and info----
And I am looking for one to build myself,,,, for a spare, if anyone wants to give one away ;).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back