Help

oneslowVip3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just want to ask you guys for some advice. I received a text from a guy interested in my truck. He says he will pay will pay pal and then have a freight company come pick the truck up.

Does this sound legit?

I just want to ask you guys for some advice. I received a text from a guy interested in my truck. He says he will pay will pay pal and then have a freight company come pick the truck up.

Does this sound legit?

No, it doesn't.

Not at all, bank check or cash only

Not at all, bank check or cash only

Ha, what I went thru in the '80's---I want cash only. Can't tell ya how many bank checks were voided by the fed's during the bank crisis back when. Ain't got a bank crisis as of yet but brother, it is coming.

Does paypal even deal in that high of dollar value? :dontknow:

Ha, what I went thru in the '80's---I want cash only. Can't tell ya how many bank checks were voided by the fed's during the bank crisis back when. Ain't got a bank crisis as of yet but brother, it is coming.

Does paypal even deal in that high of dollar value? :dontknow:

I've been lucky so far, and I agree an economic meltdown is on the way.

I've sent a few thousand over pay pal before for some wheels and tires. Never any issue, but this is a lot more money we are talking about.

If Paypal'd as a gift I don't think there is any recourse at all for the buyer. If paid normal there are fees and the buyer can file a case as well. Not sure what Paypal could do if you deposited all into your bank account though. I've won the last 2-3 chargebacks/cases on Paypal, I've lost that many in the past though too.
Justin

Definitely do not do it....... I went through the same deal about a year ago when I sold my 68 GTO, same cinerio via email, said he would pay with PayPal and would have a company come and pick it up. So I called PayPal and sent the the emails..... they said luckily I called them before I did anything or I would of been out 18 grand. My advice is don't do it.

I also had the same thing happen shortly after that with a guy and western union. He wanted me to pay western union in order to gain access to the funds......ha ha ha ya right buddy...... way to many scammers out there.
GLWS......
Paul

2 ways to handle this type of thing. (1) have the $$$ wired into your account or (2) use an escrow company. they will insure they have the funds before releasing the title, and you can specify cash or if paid by check sufficient time for it to clear, or wire, etc.

and the buyer can pay the cost of the escrow company, plus it keeps your account / wire details confidential.

JMOHO FWIW YMMV

--CC

Hi,

I am from abroad and buy lots of things in the US. Sometimes from members, vendors or other private persons (craigslist, ebay etc)

There are lots of scammers out there (nationally as well as internationally). I have also been questioned due to prejudices,
but if you have nothing to hide, you just show the seller all you have and how it could be safe for both sides to close the deal.

In your case the buyer seems to reserve all rights and power for his side....

You only use paypal with low amounts of money (up to 1.000$), on ebay or to do a pre-payment for goods with a higher value to place a reservation.

I would never trust someone to pay a full amount for a truck.
He is always able to open a case and as mentioned before
Paypal is a buyer friendly company. Why ? Just easily answered with
the question : who pays the fees ?

Just take 500 $ as a reservation and the rest cash against documents
or pre-wired onto your account.

You can even open an account for that, receive the money - transfer it to your normal account and close the other one again.

Hope all the advices help and GLWS.

Arne

Last edited:
There is a faction out there these days that reads cars for sale ads and then sends an e-mail or text looking for you to sell them the vehicle and they paypal you the dough. They ask you to send them a copy of the title first.

IT IS A SCAM!!!!

I told him I'd take a $500 deposit and to send the rest cash with the truck driver. He said no, paypal to paypal only as he has no way to get cash.

I told him that I think this is a scam and I haven't heard from him since. Lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back