Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i apologise, i didn't mean you about the bashing, normally you do try to help people but others….. their very first response is crap, all the time, every time

normally i try to avoid these posts that those people continually post in, just got me on a bad day i guess, back to regular programming for you guys, I'm out of threads like this

all these posts and we still can't get the poster to tell us whats wrong ,,,, i smell a plant just to keep posting crap

You're a regular gumshoe...
animated-detective-image-0057.gif

First saw {internet} the truck in Hilton Head SC 01/09/2010, Venom 800 Twin.

It is a Yellow Fever, Sorry, I don't have the YF#

i apologise, i didn't mean you about the bashing, normally you do try to help people but others….. their very first response is crap, all the time, every time

normally i try to avoid these posts that those people continually post in, just got me on a bad day i guess, back to regular programming for you guys, I'm out of threads like this

all these posts and we still can't get the poster to tell us whats wrong ,,,, i smell a plant just to keep posting crap

No worries man. I think I have established very clearly I don't take sides between the boys and Scott. That's their problem. But I do have my own opinions and if it just happens to side with Johnny and 505 or Scott, so be it. I'm a man of my own convictions. No harm no foul, just good'ol VTCoA discussions. :)

Yellow Fever

Thanks so much. Any suggestions on where I can search out any other info such as the ID? I bought the truck from International Auto Sales in Clearwater, FL. So far, the known issues are, fuel leak from top of fuel tank, 2 front driver side header bolt holes stripped out, two rear o2 sensors swinging unattached and no where are their any bongs, loud squeaking noise on first startup until well warmed, power steering fluid leaking. Is it true that the auto trans and rear dana rear end came out of the dodge diesel?

Thanks so much. Any suggestions on where I can search out any other info such as the ID? I bought the truck from International Auto Sales in Clearwater, FL. So far, the known issues are, fuel leak from top of fuel tank, 2 front driver side header bolt holes stripped out, two rear o2 sensors swinging unattached and no where are their any bongs, loud squeaking noise on first startup until well warmed, power steering fluid leaking. Is it true that the auto trans and rear dana rear end came out of the dodge diesel?

Likely rear O2 sensor dangling, just zip tie em up. They're like that to not throw a catalytic converter code. So they literally stripped the head? Not good but nothing a helicoil can't fix. Auto trans is a variant of the diesel version, yet not identical. Rear end is specific to our SRT-10. Power steering lines are known to leak as well as oil cooler lines. I have a much better solution using steel braided line and AN fittings for both sets. Squeaking could be harmonic balancer/vibration damper, ensure it's tight. Tensioner and idler pulleys are known to crap the bed as well. Say no the the Spectre air filters ;)

You just paid top dollar for a yellow fever truck, Id avoid zip tying or anything halfassed like that with the sensors. Go to a REAL exhaust shop and have the bungs welded in. Wont be that much and you wouldn't be cutting corners.

Also for the oil lines -jtsvp sells lifetime warranty sets on his website
Or
you can make your own if you have the tools or visit a hose express or hose power store. You can get the Earl's lines made and all the fittings for a good amount cheaper.

Here's a good tutorial on how...
DIY: Oil Cooler Lines - Dodge SRT Forum - SRTConnection

Now on the gas tank - where is the leak? The adhesive on the rollover valve, etc is known to separate - not sold separate so it's a new tank. Which Dodge usually stocks. But until you pinpoint, it's all speculation

Good news is you are close to one of the best real viper techs - Dan lesser is out of florida. He goes by finalgts on here. He will help without a sales pitch...

Good luck with your yf...

Last edited:
Haha you don't install rear O2s in exhaust steam therefore no bungs needed and zip tie to the trans or similar proves to not throw Check Engine light. :burnout:

It would be a waste of money to weld in bungs. The zip tying them out of the way has been done since 2004.

Get with unleashed tuning and see what you need to do to get him the tune thats in your 10. Knowing Hennessey, the rear o2's aren't part of their setup and using them might be interesting to say the least. You will see some pretty good engineering with Hennessey along with a wtf from time to time as you go through things. Hennessey had some pretty bad RAM SRT-10 builds, knowing yours has been on there this long is a pretty good plus. Also, don't get dragged into this vendor battle that you see going on, take your time and just do it right. btw, I don't care who you use as a vendor, but Torrie at unleashed is pretty damn good with these trucks

Good Luck

Haha you don't install rear O2s in exhaust steam therefore no bungs needed and zip tie to the trans or similar proves to not throw Check Engine light. :burnout:

Dude, for a change do something not halfassed. Zip tie it to the tranny??? Talk about shadetree engineering...
Just because no cel, doesn't mean you fixed something right. For shits sake - Take some pride in your work...

Quit your cooter impressions, its an srt10 - not the general Lee...

Last edited:
full of lulz. congrats on ur purchase op and i hope you figure out ur issues with ur 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back