Here She Is!!

Put the hash marks back on, just looked so plain without them. Doing some more things too, Ill just use this as my own personal truck update thread for you guys.

I agree, I used the same "line" as the slanted calipers so when the light hits it right it looks really cool.

Go for it, took 10 minutes and if you hate it later just peel it off. Only thing is it darkens the front up quite a bit, but Im working on that too. Check back!

Youre on a roll. Keep it up and and keep us posted.

It looks great Chris, keep up the good work and thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.

My pleasure, DONT SELL YOUR TRUCK. Did you read what I posted on your thread? Ill help you sell the 8

I just saw it, I have it posted on 4 separate areas of craigslist and I had one person come look at it. I have it on autotrader and I am contemplating ebay but haven't had great luck with ebay.

Took the ugly hood scoop insert out. Heres some pics and tips.

Heres how bad mine looked:

Mine was in particularly bad shape, the plastic was so brittle that when I tried to remove the retainers, the post just snapped:

So basically I was at the point of no return, so I just broke off the brackets from the scoop that hold the insert in place:

When I broke off the post, they didnt all come off clean. So I just sanded it down untill the remainder of the post was gone, and hit it with some touch up paint:

Next step is to fix any scrapes from the sandpaper and get rid of all the contamination where the insert used to be with some compund:

And here is the finished product! At this point you can add a screen/mesh or whatever but Im leaving mine wide open.:

Also, as I said on the other post along with Scott, water and junk flying into this isnt going to hurt anything, but you could still stuff a towel in there when you wash your car.

Last edited:
I did that on my first 10 and I definitely liked the look a lot better than the factory grill. Great job!

Great Job!! Good to have another mind that thinks outside the box and not afraid to mod:chain:

Here's what mine looks like and everyone in person always looks through the unobstructed hole to see a Viper coiled on the intake ;-)

image.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back