Here's to that Vw commercial...

dallas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone see that on...prolly about a month old now...vw commercial? boasting something about lo ego emissions? Please ,,, is that the best their advertising people can do?
Obviously they have not really driven a real car or truck!

Well, I don't need no stinkin' bullhorn ...
but I could use a little more cowbell!:)

Yeah whenever i see that commerical, i just change the channel b4 it plays.

2ndchance said:
Yeah whenever i see that commerical, i just change the channel b4 it plays.
I got a good couple of reactions so far for my lic plate frame...
a liady in a durango pulled up behind me and i saw her smile as i looked in the rear view.
then she pulled up next to me at the next traff lite and smiled...

Guy in a cobra mustang saw it and rolled his window down...and said he liked the frame...

I think the commercial is pretty funny actually, especially the "unrated" version that they show later at night, "I am only this big" or something like that LOL.

womsterr said:
Yea...and notice they show a yellow viper in that commercial too ;)
I think it is a yellow corvette...like he is going to make a right turn...but stopped in the middle of it to use his megaphone..

Now you need this for the Cali crowd...:evil: :evil: :evil:
calihybridstickeriis5of.jpg

dallas said:
I got a good couple of reactions so far for my lic plate frame...
a liady in a durango pulled up behind me and i saw her smile as i looked in the rear view.
then she pulled up next to me at the next traff lite and smiled...

Guy in a cobra mustang saw it and rolled his window down...and said he liked the frame...

Was he gay?:dontknow: - Didn't he like the Truck??? :confused:

v8eater said:
Now you need this for the Cali crowd...:evil: :evil: :evil:
calihybridstickeriis5of.jpg

Thanks, :rock:

While it is true that there is a certain connection between one's choice of vehicle and their ego, it would be immensely stereotypical to judge one's degre of egomania in this context.

In fact, to take V dub's own premise to it's logical conclusion would be to declare that driving a VW is tantamount to the celebration of recluses, mutes and sociophobes.

All human behaviour (even genuine altruism) is, in one way or another, tied to our ego.

But I gotta tip my hat to VWs ad guys.... They're ingenious and innovative in their approach.....

"Cherman enchineering......in da howss.......!! "

SD

Last edited:
Silent D said:
In fact, to take V dub's own premise to it's logical conclusion would be to declare that driving a VW is tantamount to the celebration of recluses, mutes and sociophobes.
True, after watching that commercial the only things I could think was "glad I didn't buy that car." "This car has mundane written all over it." "If the car were beige, it would be so boring it would suck the will to live out of everyone who sits in it." "This is the automotive version of that crappy radio station that they play at the dentist's office."
;) :D ;) :D ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back