HID ballast location

80boboli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i took a HID kid off of my mazda which had 10000K bulbs (way to blue) and i bought new bulbs 8000K and put them on the 10. The question is when i ran the ballast into the truck on the passanger side i really had no where to put it. My solution was just to stick it inside of the air box. It fits really nicely and is a good distance from the headlight housing. Does any one see a problem with the ballast sitting in the bottom of the air box? i do plan to secure it with some 3M tape.

after closer inspection of this little DIY project i realized that i am having a lot of flickering and a lamp out light. If there a solution other than buying a kit from xeon depot? Resistors? If i do buy a kit from xeondepot which one is better the extreme HID digitial or the colt HID and what is the difference?

You need resistors, not sure which one is better but i know you need a resistor to fool the computer because its fireing test signals because theres only 35W with the HID's and the stock bulbs are 55W. Hope that kind of helps out a bit.

My HIDs have 2 ballasts. I mounted each on the metal part of the bumper. cant see em unless you know they are there. Been installed almost 4 yrs without issues. I did have the pulsing with my kit at first but the company sent an in line plug to make it stop( a resistor in a factory style plug).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back