Hiding the radar detector

amtrucker22

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently purchased a V1 radar detector and want to hide it and use the remote display. I was wondering if any of you have hidden their detectors and if so where?

I did a search and found where there is a mounting bracket for the rear view mirror and another thread on how to hard wire it, but I would like to try and hide it.

Thanks,

Paul

Hmmm... Gonna be hard to hide since it should be exposed in order to receive signals. :dontknow:

I have the V1 with the rearview mirror mount, it is very clean looking and doesn't block your view! Easy peazy to install too!!:rock:

Dont really know of a way to hide it. But mine's mounted out of that way up by the passenger side visor. The hidden display is mounted in the dash along with the display for the cd changer. Sorry for the blurry pics.

Attachments

• PICT0370.JPG
    PICT0370.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 293
  • PICT0018.JPG
    PICT0018.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 508
  • PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 256
  • PICT0013.JPG
    PICT0013.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 1,374
  • PICT0022.JPG
    PICT0022.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 741
i mounted mine by the mirror and hardwired it into it it up so when you get stopped if you do you can reach up and turn it off and they cant see it. works great there

ntw0rk said:
Hmmm... Gonna be hard to hide since it should be exposed in order to receive signals. :dontknow:

This is what I was thinking also but then I was wondering why they have the remote displays.:dontknow: :confused:

amtrucker22 said:
This is what I was thinking also but then I was wondering why they have the remote displays.:dontknow: :confused:

I think its so that you can mount the display where you can easily see the arrows.
For people that mount them up high or on the passenger side like I did, it makes it hard to look over at it every time the detector goes off.

wannarace? said:
Dont really know of a way to hide it. But mine's mounted out of that way up by the passenger side visor. The hidden display is mounted in the dash along with the display for the cd changer. Sorry for the blurry pics.
Good looking setup. Looks like that radar detector is hurricane wind rated! What type of post did you use to mount it?

Is that what the mirror looks like with the U-connect? Interesting...

amtrucker22 said:
Good looking setup. Looks like that radar detector is hurricane wind rated! What type of post did you use to mount it?

Is that what the mirror looks like with the U-connect? Interesting...

It's definitely not coming off. Not quite sure what kind of posts they are. A local car audio/video shop had them.

The mount on the rear view mirror is alright for smaller radar detectors I think. But the V1 is just too big for that. Since mine is mounted so close to the ceiling, you cant see it from outside or from by the window. I would suggest mounting it close to the ceiling somewhere either by the driver side pillar on either side of the mirror. Just my opinion.

I just did a complete hidden rx75/blinder system. Nothing on the dash and the detector is in the bumper

this is the shit you want fort your detector verry clean

http://www.piddles.net/NewV1Mirror.htm
http://www.piddles.net/V1-Install.htm

14.JPG

5.JPG

7.JPG

12.JPG

Last edited:
Been there done that....we put that type set up in my BMW 4-5 yrs ago along with a 2.5'' LCD display for back up cam and or 1 of the 3 video sources!! Except mine was fully concealed until you turned it on!!:rock: ;)

I love the mirror it looks bad-ass... But where are you going to stick the radar detector?

Don't know where you are going to stick the radar detector, still get good coverage, but it not be visible?

Maybe it doesn't matter. You get that mirror you will have all the cool points you need!:p

Paul

if you could dismantle the radar detector and extend the wires to the sensors and just mount them sepratly one at the front window and one at the back... might be an idea..

Craig said:
Ordered mine per your suggestion brudda, thanx!! :rock:
cool!...hopes you likes...i think you will.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back