HID's, what do you think of these/what did u use?

Psycho Mythic said:
Ooohhh, never realized that, ill have to check that out, thanks good sir ;)

Yeah, NP...I have had them on the SRT8-GC for a couple years now with great results.

Also have them in the viper for the last 3 (or 4??) years, with zero problems..

get them from hidextra.com and use coupon code hidkit4u-m and get them for 60 plus free shipping and the plug and play resistor needed for our trucks....they have a one year warranty as well...i had them on my old cars with no problems....on the other forum i used to be on every one swore by them...

SRT2SLOW said:
get them from hidextra.com and use coupon code hidkit4u-m and get them for 60 plus free shipping and the plug and play resistor needed for our trucks....they have a one year warranty as well...i had them on my old cars with no problems....on the other forum i used to be on every one swore by them...
Pay attention Slow, we have a supporting vendor for those.

SRT2SLOW said:
Thanks alot for the input bud, I'm gonna do some research and go from there ;)

youll love them! I put HIDs in my 01 ram about 4 years ago and I have had no issues with them ever, BUT they will spoil you. Ever since then Ive had them in every vehicle I own lol :D

If you get a good quality kit you shouldnt have any issues with flashing and/or lamp out light...

The lower the kelvin number (I.E. 8000k) the brighter the light, the higher the number, the more color, but less bright they are.

I prefer the 6000k, they are really bright, but still have a blue tint to them. Thats just my $.02 tho!

Just installed heads and fogs in the Power Wagon 8000k from Hid solution . The Headlights have the option to go high or low electromagnet controls movement and they came with all of the relays and harness for a direct plug in. Man they were cheap i didn't say inexpensive for a reason:( Had to cut up their harness to use the plugs to make one that worked took me 15minutes to find their screw ups and build a new harness. Then i had to open the housing for the bulbs to add slack so that the high beam function would work .
They were around a 150 shipped for heads and fogs but required work more work than the average guy will want to do but im not average and my names not Joe:D
I will have to call them Monday to see if they will correct the color difference between the fogs and heads. The fogs are ice blue(correct color) the headlights have more of a purple tint (getto fab) both 8000k hids.

Last edited:
Awesome, i like the feedback im getting, i should have some in by may, ill post up everything when i do :rock:

Psycho Mythic said:
Thanks alot for the input bud, I'm gonna do some research and go from there ;)
Just make sure that you get the right harness that eliminates the flicker on the '06.

What do yall think of this? (refered to me by a good friend), its all lifetime warranty too ;)

Retro-Solutions LLC Items

1 x Dodge Ram 06-09 55w Digital HID Kit, Lifetime Warranty 6000K = $197.99
1 x 55W 9006 Digital HID Kit Lifetime Warranty 6000K = $151.19
1 x 9006 Relay Wiring Harness HID & Retrofit = $18.00

Total (minus shipping) $367 (Enter "DODGE" in the coupon area of checkout for discount)

Head Lamps: http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...06-2007/Detail
Fog Lamps: http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...VERSION/Detail
Fog Lamps Harness: http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...HARNESS/Detail

Psycho Mythic said:
What do yall think of this? (refered to me by a good friend), its all lifetime warranty too ;)

Retro-Solutions LLC Items

1 x Dodge Ram 06-09 55w Digital HID Kit, Lifetime Warranty 6000K = $197.99
1 x 55W 9006 Digital HID Kit Lifetime Warranty 6000K = $151.19
1 x 9006 Relay Wiring Harness HID & Retrofit = $18.00

Total (minus shipping) $367 (Enter "DODGE" in the coupon area of checkout for discount)

Head Lamps: http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...06-2007/Detail
Fog Lamps: http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...VERSION/Detail
Fog Lamps Harness: http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...HARNESS/Detail
Looks good. But, have you thought about 3000k hid's for the fogs? I have them on mine. I think your black truck would look sick with yellow hid's as the fogs.:rock:

SANTEEN said:
Looks good. But, have you thought about 3000k hid's for the fogs? I have them on mine. I think your black truck would look sick with yellow hid's as the fogs.:rock:
Ive seen the yellow fogs numerous times, when i had my toyota x-runner alot of those guys had them too, i think they look good, just not my style ;)

I really dont see much reason to go 3000k on the fogs (unless theres something you know that i dont), i think she'll have plenty of light :D , i just want them to shine the same.

I had my kit from before I registered here. They've been going strong for 3+ yrs now! I have the 5k series 6k is also nice, those 2 look most natural to true HID

By the way $360 is pretty pricey for a set of aftermarket HID. Mine were something like $150 for 55w and the relay harness to
eleminate the flicker

Psycho Mythic said:
Ive seen the yellow fogs numerous times, when i had my toyota x-runner alot of those guys had them too, i think they look good, just not my style ;)

I really dont see much reason to go 3000k on the fogs (unless theres something you know that i dont), i think she'll have plenty of light :D , i just want them to shine the same.
I should have known. I forgot that I was dealing with Kaluha boy. :D

I have used Xenon Depot exclusively because they are awesome. Excellent customer service, fast shipping, and excellent quality kits. I have 6500k heads/fogs on the JSRT8 and the SRT10, and will be adding them to the NSRT4 eventually. As usual you get what you pay for.
Justin

JMB Justin said:
I have used Xenon Depot exclusively because they are awesome. Excellent customer service, fast shipping, and excellent quality kits. I have 6500k heads/fogs on the JSRT8 and the SRT10, and will be adding them to the NSRT4 eventually. As usual you get what you pay for.
Justin

Exactly! :rock:

I am changing the headlights in my truck shortly. Their advice has been awesome and will gladly support them.

Wil

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back