High HP guys... engine mgt question

Scrambler1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The question is what are you using? The shop has ordered an AEM for my truck because we can't find any other good options. SCT doesn't have enough capability, I personally don't like the VEC and neither do they, BigStuff and FAST won't have anything available until sometime next year. Seems to be the only option. Any little known issues with the AEM I need to be prepared for?

I think there is a couple joe, but make sure he aem is grounded ten thousand times everwhere, and its a bitch to wire up, but call fstjack he knows of a couple others bud

Stinker said:
I think there is a couple joe, but make sure he aem is grounded ten thousand times everwhere, and its a bitch to wire up, but call fstjack he knows of a couple others bud

They found a company (not sure who) that is building a harness for the truck so once they get it, just plug and play. Cause yeah... otherwise the wiring is a bitch! Just making sure there wasn't something new out there that we hadn't heard of yet.

TNVIPER said:
Why wouldnt the SCT handle your build?..:confused:

For one thing SCT still doesn't have the ability to data log :mad: SCT just reflashes the factory computer, which is perfectly fine to a point but certainly has its limitations.

505'sFastestViper. said:
im using a vec 3 and am very happy!!

I blame the VEC I had for the loss of my engine the first time around. There is a possibility that the stock pistons were the issue but the tune was good when it went. Has made me shy away from it in a big way.

DevilDawg3097 said:
That is what I am saving my pennies for and Also stink no more slicing and dicing. Great kit http://www.titanmotorsports.com/viper-aem-pnp.html.
Something to look into stink if you can then I will get it thru you this winter.

Notice the part number: johnreed-viper-pnp

John Reed is THE go to guy for AEM on GENIII and GENIV Viper engines. He has done all of my AEM gear and tuning.

ViperPunk said:
wat happens if it gets wet? fries:dontknow:

The VEC itself will be OK after it dries out, but it pretty much stops working when it gets wet. Dumps the tune.... and that's bad:D The truck went into "safe mode" and started dumping fuel. Fuel washed past my rings and into the oil. Luckily, no real damage was done, and she's up and running strong:burnout:

VEC is just too temperamental for me.

Looks like AEM is it so we're on the right track.

FstJack, if you're reading this I'll call you back today my friend.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back