Hissing sound when accelerating?

Airbound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyones truck make a hissing sound when accelerating form the vents? It does it weather the ac is on or not whn hitting the gas. It sounds like air is coming in through the vents no matter what setting the unit is on? Any thoughts is this normal with this truck?

Does anyones truck make a hissing sound when accelerating form the vents? It does it weather the ac is on or not whn hitting the gas. It sounds like air is coming in through the vents no matter what setting the unit is on? Any thoughts is this normal with this truck?

Sounds like a loose vacuum line on selector. You'll have to pull apart and verify.

SO they diagnosed it and said they could not find anything?? im thinking they prob only looked undder the hood and didnt think about in the dash? so when i take aoart the dash is thier any codes i WILL need for the navigation unit or any surprises i need to know about before i dive in so i dont blow a airbag or lock out the head unit??

please advise, thye said nothing seems wrong so IDK if it is just normal or what?

SO they diagnosed it and said they could not find anything?? im thinking they prob only looked undder the hood and didnt think about in the dash? so when i take aoart the dash is thier any codes i WILL need for the navigation unit or any surprises i need to know about before i dive in so i dont blow a airbag or lock out the head unit??

please advise, thye said nothing seems wrong so IDK if it is just normal or what?

Your just going under radio faceplate to remove climate control head unit or be able to observe vacuum cluster that controls recirc/fresh air door, defrost to floor to face vent position, etc.
maybe one of our Chrysler service techs/parts guys can tell ya more.

Its the sound of fuel being sucked at a high rate from your fuel tank, watch the fuel gauge and you will see it go down:D

do you have a cold air kit on? a lot of times you can hear the air being sucked in from a throttle body, depends on what ya got, if not its under the dash somewhere

I have the full K&N CAI and my truck has done this ever since I added a JTSVP throttle body into the mix. It only happens at partial throttle, but it's a very noticeable whistle. It irritated me at first but now I like it.

I have the full K&N CAI and my truck has done this ever since I added a JTSVP throttle body into the mix. It only happens at partial throttle, but it's a very noticeable whistle. It irritated me at first but now I like it.

What the OP is hearing is a constant sound that happens whenever the truck is running, regardless of throttle position.

Its the sound of fuel being sucked at a high rate from your fuel tank, watch the fuel gauge and you will see it go down:D

do you have a cold air kit on? a lot of times you can hear the air being sucked in from a throttle body, depends on what ya got, if not its under the dash somewhere

I do have the standard K/n that i see on all the guys trucks on this forum. I didn tbuy it so i dont knoe the details of though..are you fuc##with me though cuz ive never heard of that lol

I think i know what the OP is talking about...My 06 does the same thing, always has..I got her with 3700 on the clock and shes around 23k just before storage...Tried a few different filters..currently running the white viper filter...

I think i know what the OP is talking about...My 06 does the same thing, always has..I got her with 3700 on the clock and shes around 23k just before storage...Tried a few different filters..currently running the white viper filter...

I have videos of noises oil filters on my truck. That's a distinct humming/vibration sound.

your such a dam racist. why not a black or brown viper filter??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Mine 05 RC does the same thingbut it really only noticabl;e between 3 and 4k RPM. I have a K&N and the sound does sound like the cold air kit. It doesnt bother me but I will be switching to the white viper filter shortly and I will see if it changes.

your such a dam racist. why not a black or brown viper filter??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I dont discriminate, my hate knows no colors..:):)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back