Hogans Racing intake manifold

the key question here: are all the ports matched (right stinker?):dontknow: :D

niiice intake Mr devil:rock:

friggin awesome work manship:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
any improvement to get more air &/or eqaul amounts to each cylinder would be best for any set up.
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock:

Hogan definitely makes a nice piece. CFE is also kind of the 'gold standard' as well.

I would guess that the question is not as much IF the intake in and of itself makes more power, but more WHERE (in the powerband) the power is made. Runner length, shape, volume, and design are where it at in the intake game. From the looks of the runners, he will be making more power in the upper RPM range where the motor probably peaks in it's torque range now.

pro517 said:
I would guess that the question is not as much IF the intake in and of itself makes more power, but more WHERE (in the powerband) the power is made. Runner length, shape, volume, and design are where it at in the intake game. From the looks of the runners, he will be making more power in the upper RPM range where the motor probably peaks in it's torque range now.

Well if the results from the dyno tests are any indication, then I should be expecting a substantial improvement once my boost issues are resolved. I believe it was already making close to 600rwhp by 4500rpm at about 4-5psi. If the top end is even stronger than the mid-range...:burnout: :rock:

Hellboy. Your numbers are right up there with stock builds at 6lbs right? Did the manifold do anything at all?

bigike said:
Hellboy. Your numbers are right up there with stock builds at 6lbs right? Did the manifold do anything at all?

Knowing what we now know about the limitations of the Paxton, it probably made the performance worse. I'm not up on my fluid dynamics, but I think it was probably a pressure drop through the intake. The Paxton was pushing all the air it could, but if it wasn't enough to adequately feed the engine, then flow likely dropped way off at the intake ports.

That said, with the ProCharger on it now, it should make a difference in a positive way. Really though, my primary interest was evening out the air distribution. Roe found that the factory intake leaned out the front cylinders by up to a full point, and that it was worse under FI. I can be more certain that the engine is seeing a more balanced air/fuel mix across all cylinders now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back