Home-brewed beer...mmmm

thjones3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bottled my first batch of homebrew last sunday :rock: . Full-bodied amber...mmm. Beer is good :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: .

Anybody else brew their own beer?

Your not qualified to determine if its good....better send a sixer to all the members, me first

Good for you though...if it is good I have tasted some god awful home brews

I have a renter in the Florida Keys that makes about five gallons a month. He makes a dark and a pilsner...they are wonderful...I would like to try to do it.

I predict that it will be a decent-tasting beer. It is about the same color as Killians and smells strong. I'll crack one open this weekend and let you know. I think I will do a couple of things differently for the next batch that should improve the fermentation. I have like 13 gallons of beer at my house right now :p .

My wife is a chemist and has access to all kinds of containers with tops, spigots, and a love of mixing things! Maybe I can get her to do it:D :D

Well... I'm the member that lives closer to him... so let you guys know....:D

congrats Bro.:rock:

DJCHEROKEE said:
Well... I'm the member that lives closer to him... so let you guys know....:D

congrats Bro.:rock:

hahaha, yep. I will let you know when it's ready so you can give an un-biased opinion :rock:

thjones3 said:
I predict that it will be a decent-tasting beer. It is about the same color as Killians and smells strong. I'll crack one open this weekend and let you know. I think I will do a couple of things differently for the next batch that should improve the fermentation. I have like 13 gallons of beer at my house right now :p .

uh......be right over:burnout:

Un-biased? Hell I will give you a biased opinion (in favor of) if it is free!

I'll hook you guys up with free beer any day! I took a look at the beer last night. It is starting to clear in the upper 2" of the bottle, so should be about a week before it's ready to drink. Until then, I'll just sip on my keg of Yuengling :cheers:

For a couple of years, a buddy and I would brew it all the time. Haven't done it for awhile now, but still have all the gear.

Made some very nice beer, including a smooth-as-silk stout that was ready in only seven days!:rock:

I popped the top on the first one last night! :rock: I am happy with how it came out, especially considering this is my first batch. It tastes like a cross between an amber and a porter. There is a sweetness and a bitterness that contradict each other and play with your taste buds. :cheers:

I love small micro brews. Send me a bottle to try...I am certified as a draft beer expert(no shitting you) by the Coors Brewing Co. I am trying some Duck Head-rabit milk stout from Farmville N.C. tomorrow.

Last edited:
You are going to drink what? :D So what exactly does an official draft beer expert do on a daily basis? Drink beer and write reports about it? :confused: That sounds like a cool job!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back