Hood Cracking?

FlyingLow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm noticing lots of scratches on my hood. Everytime I look see new ones. I was at a body shop yesterday getting an estimate from my wreck earlier this week. Yea I forgot to mention I got side swiped on the interstate.

The body shop guy said it looks like the hood is cracking from the bottom up. I don't have the hood liner so I wonder if the heat build up is to much without it. Has anyone had anything like this happen with their hood?

Smoke

I had it happen on another car that I removed the hood liner and yes it is the heat from the engine cracking the paint.

If the accident was within the last year, the original insurance claim should cover it.

The accident is not related to the hood at all. We pulled the liner off because it was sagging and looked like crap. Guess I will have to get a new liner.

The accident is not related to the hood at all. We pulled the liner off because it was sagging and looked like crap. Guess I will have to get a new liner.

I have 2 of them, a brand new one and the one I removed from my truck still in good condition.

Im having the same problem on my 2002 same hood as our truck but not same material I forget what material but yea its starting to crack:(

Im having the same problem on my 2002 same hood as our truck but not same material I forget what material but yea its starting to crack:(

Inferior paint products and painters. Too thick of material or even worse, wrong paint for the job, or a combination of both. Paint is very expensive and paint shops will cut corners. Just because the work does not show up on carfax does not mean it has not been repainted at sometime. I have spent my whole career fixing these problems.

Inferior paint products and painters. Too thick of material or even worse, wrong paint for the job, or a combination of both. Paint is very expensive and paint shops will cut corners. Just because the work does not show up on carfax does not mean it has not been repainted at sometime. I have spent my whole career fixing these problems.

Yea I think its a mixture of both... looked good coming out but the dude was a collision repair guy.... I just wanted the '10 look sooooo bad didn't pay attention to who was doing it..... its ok tho I gotta.real '10 now:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back