Hood grille

There's a hole in my bonnet (hood) dear Liza, dear Liza
There's a hole in my bonnet dear Liza a hole.

View attachment 64326
The cat had jumped off the mezzanine floor, landed on the scoop and cracked it. It is at the panel shop getting fixed. Repainted....watch this space.
:( Kiwi, if you could have waited, once I get my new scoop, I could have sent you my original. It's only a year old, and in pristine condition.

Update: I called the company yesterday to see what's taking so long and had to leave a voicemail. Turns out EVERYONE in their shop has COVID... The guy who left me the voicemail telling me they would ship it Mon or Tues next week, sounded horrible. Hope they all make it through ok.

The scoops are ABS plastic so it is quite brittle.
Was reading the website on the scoop grill. Sounds like it is only the mesh piece at the back that they supply and then additional money for the SRT10 badge
I will see if the repair on mine holds.
If not I will get a new scoop and that grill and badge. That's a lot of money for a small part especially with freight and GST

Update: I called the company yesterday to see what's taking so long and had to leave a voicemail. Turns out EVERYONE in their shop has COVID... The guy who left me the voicemail telling me they would ship it Mon or Tues next week, sounded horrible. Hope they all make it through ok.
Spray the package and parts with Ethasan as you unwrap the parcel. You don't want to catch their bugs

:( Kiwi, if you could have waited, once I get my new scoop, I could have sent you my original. It's only a year old, and in pristine condition.
I may need it anyway Thanks Bill I will let you know how it goes

Received my backplate and emblem. You take the plastic mesh off, and mount the backplate/emblem to the tabs on the scoop. There are metal studs on the backside of the mount that match what's on the scoop. Comes with nuts as well. The nuts spin pretty freely, so I'm going to use some 243 lock tite to keep them from coming loose. Tried to do it this weekend, but I'm too short to reach all of the plastic studs on the mesh grill. Gonna have to get a small step ladder or something, I don't want to remove the scoop, and risk cracking it. Here's what the emblem looks like with the back plate. Total, it weighs about a pound I am guessing, it's really solid. The emblem is held on with some super duty adhesive.

upload_2021-3-15_6-46-50.png

Received my backplate and emblem. You take the plastic mesh off, and mount the backplate/emblem to the tabs on the scoop. There are metal studs on the backside of the mount that match what's on the scoop. Comes with nuts as well. The nuts spin pretty freely, so I'm going to use some 243 lock tite to keep them from coming loose. Tried to do it this weekend, but I'm too short to reach all of the plastic studs on the mesh grill. Gonna have to get a small step ladder or something, I don't want to remove the scoop, and risk cracking it. Here's what the emblem looks like with the back plate. Total, it weighs about a pound I am guessing, it's really solid. The emblem is held on with some super duty adhesive.

View attachment 64373
A pound hmm how many more horsepower needed to overcome that....

Just got new headlights and fig lights turn up today from the states. Still waiting for some badges, new CAI and tune from torrie amd some new grilles also.
Hey those new headlights, do they dip to the left or to the right?

Does anyone know where i can puchase the srt10 logo hood grill
Amazon .. just ordered one ... and there no long 300$ and over . Post a new thread today about the find

The Supernova V.4 LED replacement looks to be better than the original setup. (?)
The Sylvania Silverstar bulbs never lasted very long.

I still have the very dismal/appalling headlights the truck came with. I never thought about them much back in 2005 but they sure look orange compared to what is on the road with us now.
I had my Oracle Headlights and Fogs installed on Friday. I have an app on my phone to where I can change the halo ring colors, make them osculate, strobe, combine colors. They are out of this world, LOL. Have to wait until this Friday to install the LED's, the shop didn't have the right type I needed.

I replced years ago with the Sylvania silver-stars .. still running bright .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back