Hood scoop insert flies off!!! Please Help!!!

Reaction score
My hood scoop insert flew right off my hood today. Anyone out there have extras? Anyone have a website to get aftermarket or OEM scoop inserts? Please help! Hole in my Hood!!!

I don't care where he gets it

Just dont trust those plastic rivets !

I reattached all of my hood scoops with chassis glue.

thanks for the heads up about e-bay....just bought it. also I apologize if my first post sounded a little desperate. My son posted it just after it flew off while taking my truck out for the first time on his own. just bought the thing last week and to say he FREAKED OUT is an understatement. I have had the hood up a hundred times already showing it off and my guess is the old brittle plastic just could'nt take it anymore. The glue sounds like a great idea too.

Last edited:
They are still available from the dealer as well, but probably not for much longer.

I've had 06r/c 154. The whole grill and scoop seem cheesy anyway. Sounds like everything is loose when I shut my hood. I just put a srt10 ram hood on my Plymouth. I am bolting my scoop with counter sunk allen bolts.

Funny thing, my neighbor just bought an 05 RC , black, out of Louisiana and the owner just replaced his cause it flew off also

Is there any double side 3m tape holding it down as well or just the screws from the underside of the hood?

I had to replace the upper trim piece on my crossfire when it blew off from racing a m5. It was held in by clips, anyway that scrappy piece of molding cost me almost 500 bucks. When I put it back on, I put some strong as 3m double side molding tape was extra bondage. I think im going to do the same to this hood scoop.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back