Hood Vents???

Gaboon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen any type of aftermrket hood or a venting duct system for our hoods to help engine temps. Oh yeh and they can't look gay.

I bought a set of factory Chrysler hood lovers from a limited edition vehicle that I was going to put in my hood, but the place where I thought they would look the best best is where most of the underside bracing is, I already had them painted and ready to go. So for right now I'm still thinking about how I want to go about this.

Bill.

I'm sure there are some shops that could put louvers in your hood (that would kick-ass)..... But, from what I hear from Hot-Rodders, it's BIG $$$$$

:dontknow:

If you take the insulation off from the underside of your hood and get a good look at the support braces you will see what I mean. I have NOT given up, I am just thinking a little harder about it before I go cutting any holes in my hood.

Bill.

She-yute, Hail yeah!
Ofcouse that won't help with cooling the engine compartment, but id be slicker than snall snot on a greazy pole.:D

Bill.

I havent looked under the insulation to see all of the braces. When you figure it out let us know cause I think it would look pretty cool if dont right.

Hmmm might be interested someone post up pics if you figure out a good spot!!

mauiSRT/10 said:
You want lower engine temps? What about getting the DC flash and 170 t stat..........that'll lower your engine temps by at least 20 degrees.

patrick

Yea that will be coming.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back