horrible dealership experience

Bender

Reaction score
went down to my local chrysler dealership as they have a 05 qc 10 for sale with 57K miles. wife wants something other then her civic, so i thought a 10 would be nice.

I had the worst experience at a dealership with a truck ive ever had. first I went in and asked for the paperwork on the truck to see accidents, miles etc...

When I asked for the papers the sales said "Whats a srt10 ram?"... I looked at him and pointed to the big red out in the lot and he just said "wow, nice lookin truck!". I know most, if not all salesman won't know a quarter of the info we know about the 10, for good reason. WE LOVE OUR TRUCKS!

went out to do the once over on the truck... rims... oh wow, horrible condition. I have never seen a 10 with such bad curb rash on its rims before. My heart sunk, haha.

it had an aftermarket bed cover on it, while the salesman was trying to figure out where to put the damn D plate, i was poking around at it. first, it wouldnt open, then it wouldnt close, the hinges were just aweful and the cover was chipping away the paint in the corners of the truck, because it wasnt closing properly.

get in the truck, key in, turn, foot on break, and finally get to press the go button and "click, click, click"... the battery is dead. I just look at the salesman, hand him the key and say "thanks, have a nice day"...

what a waste of 20 minutes. I need a beer. I feel so sorry for that 10.

went down to my local chrysler dealership as they have a 05 qc 10 for sale with 57K miles. wife wants something other then her civic, so i thought a 10 would be nice.

I had the worst experience at a dealership with a truck ive ever had. first I went in and asked for the paperwork on the truck to see accidents, miles etc...

When I asked for the papers the sales said "Whats a srt10 ram?"... I looked at him and pointed to the big red out in the lot and he just said "wow, nice lookin truck!". I know most, if not all salesman won't know a quarter of the info we know about the 10, for good reason. WE LOVE OUR TRUCKS!

went out to do the once over on the truck... rims... oh wow, horrible condition. I have never seen a 10 with such bad curb rash on its rims before. My heart sunk, haha.

it had an aftermarket bed cover on it, while the salesman was trying to figure out where to put the damn D plate, i was poking around at it. first, it wouldnt open, then it wouldnt close, the hinges were just aweful and the cover was chipping away the paint in the corners of the truck, because it wasnt closing properly.

get in the truck, key in, turn, foot on break, and finally get to press the go button and "click, click, click"... the battery is dead. I just look at the salesman, hand him the key and say "thanks, have a nice day"...

what a waste of 20 minutes. I need a beer. I feel so sorry for that 10.

Go back Monday, and bring a jump box. Who cares about the cosmetic stuff if it runs good and the trans is good the other stuff can be fixed over time. Take the POS cover off put some touch up paint on it and depending on how bad the curb rash is you can probably sand it out, polish it, then clear it and it will look good as new.

Go back Monday, and bring a jump box. Who cares about the cosmetic stuff if it runs good and the trans is good the other stuff can be fixed over time. Take the POS cover off put some touch up paint on it and depending on how bad the curb rash is you can probably sand it out, polish it, then clear it and it will look good as new.

Very true, I would plastidip, or powder coat the rims up black. Red on black is sexy as hell. Could probably take off the cover and sell it on craigslist.

They are asking $22,900 (cdn) for the truck. I'd like to get it for under $20K if possible, but we will see.

There is a tiny amount of rusting on the corners where the paint is chipped away. The tires look brand new.

Wheels are non issue, powder coating is about 100 a wheel and you can easily talk em down way more than 400 bucks because of the wheels. Dead battery is probably just because it's been sitting on the lot, not surprising most people think it's crazy to drive anything that gets less than 20 mpg. If it needs a new battery big deal that's not expensive. The only thing that would bother me is the paint. Take it to a mechanic you trust and get it looked at. You can get a good deal on it due to the issues and low demand for these outside of us crazies.

Wheels are non issue, powder coating is about 100 a wheel and you can easily talk em down way more than 400 bucks because of the wheels. Dead battery is probably just because it's been sitting on the lot, not surprising most people think it's crazy to drive anything that gets less than 20 mpg. If it needs a new battery big deal that's not expensive. The only thing that would bother me is the paint. Take it to a mechanic you trust and get it looked at. You can get a good deal on it due to the issues and low demand for these outside of us crazies.

Theres another 05 QC on CL for 20K on the nose. Last week it was $25K, I think they realized what you said about low demand and low mpg haha.

I wanted to take it to a shop that knows these trucks. I live in Vancouver, anyone know any reputable shops in the lower mainland that knows viper engines?

Where are u located. Ill sell ya my 04red rc. It's in Vancouver I think there is about 50k km.

Well my warehouse is in surrey. Truck is sitting there now minus the heads will have her back together in a couple weeks. You'll have to come by and check it out. Maybe ill convert you to a rc. Lol.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back