horrible sound from drivers side.....

hawaiisrt

Reaction score
hello ladies and gents, hope everyone is doing well. so recently our truck has started making a sickening sound from the front drivers side suspension (at least i think thats where its coming from). im unable to get a good look at it as i cant get it jacked up (no jack and not enough Oxy & Valium back issues) and cant get her towed to a shop yet as i havent found a trust worthy shop yet. im just wondering if yall could give me any ideas on what it could be and what i should be looking at. the sounds happen often and quick as it starts as you start move forward or reverse. the truck is an 05 qc with about 115k on it and stock. we had it maybe since 95-100k i believe.

thank you in advance for any advice/help

https://youtu.be/bYq11AzK7nE

Front hub is probably bad. If that is the case replace both sides because you will know what awaits if you don't. Should not be all that expensive and the part is readily available. Good luck. You are correct it does sound horrible.

Front hub is probably bad. If that is the case replace both sides because you will know what awaits if you don't. Should not be all that expensive and the part is readily available. Good luck. You are correct it does sound horrible.

Thank you ill check that out.

That is the first spot I would check, sounds like a really bad hub!

I did mine last year it was like 50 bucks a side not bad at all

Do you remember where you ordered the parts from? Also noob question but when y'all say hub y'all are talking about wheel bearing/hub assembly? I've look it up and seen moog, timken, etc any recommendations and part numbers as I've read another thread stating that some part numbers were different and a little confusing from 05-06 years.

I love our 16 caravan rt but soccer daddy needs his 10 back on the road. Gotta pull up to the kids school, sports practice and grocery shopping in the 10 before all my cool daddy swag drifts away lol

I dont remember where i got them from i will see if i can find the paperwork for them

Thank you. I have been calling around here locally and I got three prices $240, $140 and $150. I believe precision is the most expensive one at $240 a side and the others was off brands I guess.

I got the Timkens also. Get a 3 lb hammer ready. My failed one took 30 minutes of beating to get out. The 'other one' nearly slid out. Once out, i used a wire brush on a drill to clean up the opening.

They're not $50 anywhere I've ever seen in the past decade. Lol
$125 or to each. It's a sealed bearing hub assy with wheel studs and abs sensor. Few Ritsu bolts and baam! Done

They're not $50 anywhere I've ever seen in the past decade. Lol
$125 or to each. It's a sealed bearing hub assy with wheel studs and abs sensor. Few Ritsu bolts and baam! Done

Could be right it could have been 150 i have replaced so much hard to keep track

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back