How attached are you to your car?

sapientiam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when i called the service department today, that was the question that was posed to me, when i asked whats happened with my car, followed immediately by, have you thought about trading it in?

So lets go back a day, here i am driving to take my car to the dealership, my car has been making a sound for bout 2 days, (when idleing every once and a while there was like a poping sound, but no sound while under acceleration)i was going to drop it off and go to work. so here i am driving along, the temp gauge goes up higher than normal, then drops down, goes higher then normal then drops down, yadda yadda, i think im glad im taking it in, its not acting right. so im just cruising down US-27, almost into the big town (lexington) and it stalls, just cuts off. im like WTF!?! so i have enough momentum to carry me into speedway parking lot, i pop the hood, there is some steam, i check the radiator fluid, BONE DRY!!! OH FUCKY! i get a ride to work. have them tow it to the dealership, their compressor is down, and yadda yadda. So today they were looking at it, and they can't quite figure it out yet. Saying they think its the timing belt, which would cost like 600-800 to fix. And that they are going to be running a compression test on it tonight or something to that effect. Said worst case timing belt and maybe some bent rods, to fix around 2200, or a new engine around 3200. So they gave me a loner car to drive. Im so pissed i drive right down the rode to the dodge dealership. talk to a good guy salesman. and start pricing a charger r/t and srt.

Best deal on the car with the options im wanting is like 32k for the r/t, and round 41k for the srt8. I was wondering if that was a good price or if i can get it cheaper soemwhere else? Or if i should even buy a new car. Im just in a state of confussion, everything was good, then bam! car quite possibly dead. Any advice would be appreciated.

What car was it that broke? Go for the SRT-8. I love 'em.

Man, warranty can't cover any repairs? That sucks dude, in my case I would have to bite the bullet and pay for the costs as it is my only car.

why arnt they covering it....I guess I missed the part where there not going to warranty the wk

-Red

If it is your TRUCK - think about it for a while. Then make a decision ...

I don't think you would be happy with anything less :D

I don't care much for the Charger - they never had 4 doors :confused: :confused: :dontknow:

The Crossfire is small and fun to drive, the 300c is cool, handles great but might be a little "to-to" .... Then there are all the other choices :eek:

Keep the Truck :D

Last edited:
I've been going throught the threads around and I see a lot of sots of breakdowns... Does the RAM SRT-10 has many problems after all? :confused:

Sorry, this isn't my truck.

Its my daily beater. 2000 saturn ls2 - no warranity

Saturn? Friends don't let friends drive Saturns. Get the SRT-8.

Bill.

Co-worker just bought a SRT8 Magnum and he loves it. Took another worker (who just bought a RT Magnum) for a ride. Guess who's kicking themselves right now:burnout:

:embarassed: biggest problem i have with buying the srt8, is in the 7months i had my saturn :embarassed: i've drove 20k miles. that'd be about 34k miles in a year. Do i want to put that many miles on the car? i should be able to cut some miles, but still probably 28-30k a year.

sapientiam said:
:embarassed: biggest problem i have with buying the srt8, is in the 7months i had my saturn :embarassed: i've drove 20k miles. that'd be about 34k miles in a year. Do i want to put that many miles on the car? i should be able to cut some miles, but still probably 28-30k a year.

Her ya go....a good daily driver and you don't have to worry 'bout the miles on the SRT-8.:dancing:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...07&start_year=1981&isp=y&lang=en&cardist=1855

So today its not the waterpump, hooked it up. started it, and the engine is pushing the radiator fluid out the reservoir. So they'll thinkings i have a bad head gasket, and the test will cost 200 dollars to complete... i hate cars.

SAve the $200 for the test and just get a new head installed (or Gasket).
I'll garauntee right now that the $200 test they do will tell you what you already know. Yep your head gasket is blown.

No test they have will tell you if its a cracked block or blown head gasket or a cracked head. The only way to find out is to rip into it.
How much is a complete rebuilt motor with warranty??

But then Again what do I know:confused: I'm just a knuckle dragging mechanic that works on the jets that fly over your house at 30,000 feet.

Last edited:
saying two heads are leaking.
to fix it will cost 3335 (thats with the 400 for a new waterpump)

And there is no warranity.

they've offered 3000+ for trade in on it.

i hate cars.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back