How did this happen

RAMDUDE

DOGFATHER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PChYSaxKCGM]VW Touareg TDI Vs Chevy Duramax Bumper pull - YouTube[/ame]

Smoke the tires and you're done... no traction!

I laughed a little bit when I saw this.

Even tho he spun, I would still think he would pull this up the block with no problem

Nah, looks like the guy in the VW knew what he was doing and the Chevy didn't, notice how when the VW hits his brakes the Chevy starts hopping and spinning

Also looks like the Chevy was in 2WD maybe?

Last edited:
Nah, looks like the guy in the VW knew what he was doing and the Chevy didn't, notice how when the VW hits his brakes the Chevy starts hopping and spinning

Also looks like the Chevy was in 2WD maybe?

Ah ok, I have no clue about hooking up bumpers lol.

Yeah it was in 2WD, somebody posted this on my facebook, I was reading through the comments and somebody said it was a V-10 diesel in the VW :dontknow:

Note to self: A Duramax in 2WD, or any other truck for that matter, is no match for an AWD Volvo.

Last edited:
Ah ok, I have no clue about hooking up bumpers lol.

Yeah it was in 2WD, somebody posted this on my facebook, I was reading through the comments and somebody said it was a V-10 diesel in the VW :dontknow:

Those V10 TDI's ain't no joke... Tune and exhaust and you'd have a 500 hp 800+ ft.lb. grocery getter!!

And those twa-regs are nice ridin too...

Those V10 TDI's ain't no joke... Tune and exhaust and you'd have a 500 hp 800+ ft.lb. grocery getter!!

Yep. I'll take mine with the Yamaha built V8 though. They sound killer.

the VW's and the Cayenne's are also extremely capable off road... their awd systems are bested only by land rover's from what i've read...

i have friends with both touareg's and cayenne's but they don't ever go offroad, so i don't have personal experience with them on that note...

Not surprised at all. Even stock Touareg with the twin turbo V10 diesel are no joke. I think its a equal match just bad driver in dodge. Could have went either way.

Last edited:
the VW's and the Cayenne's are also extremely capable off road... their awd systems are bested only by land rover's from what i've read...

i have friends with both touareg's and cayenne's but they don't ever go offroad, so i don't have personal experience with them on that note...

I question Land Rover's off road ability after the fun we had getting stuck with my brother's Rover in Canada. I believe the system would be capable but the tire selection from the factory is questionable.

Too bad Touareg TDI's don't come with that 5.0 V10 anymore. They are a diesel V6 with 240hp and 406 lbs/ft. The 5.0 V10 put out 309hp and 553lbs/ft.

I question Land Rover's off road ability after the fun we had getting stuck with my brother's Rover in Canada. I believe the system would be capable but the tire selection from the factory is questionable.

i'm guessing he had summer tires or mediocre all seasons?

the bmw performance center here has an off road course and shares it with land rover... pretty interesting stuff...
here... push this button and don't touch the brakes (pointed about 40 degrees downhill on a rocky/muddy slope)... do what???? ... "trust me"... lol... crazy what those computers can do these days...

i'm guessing he had summer tires or mediocre all seasons?

the bmw performance center here has an off road course and shares it with land rover... pretty interesting stuff...
here... push this button and don't touch the brakes (pointed about 40 degrees downhill on a rocky/muddy slope)... do what???? ... "trust me"... lol... crazy what those computers can do these days...

They were Michelins that looked like they should have been on a sports car. I figured it was because the people that drive Rovers don't care for the harsh ride of a capable tire. Either way if it was mine those tires would have been thrown in the trash, actually I would have sold them on ebay, but you get the idea. :D

Damn, I never knew they came with that motor in them.

Dude 800 Ft lb is a lot for that small SUV lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back