How do I get rid of this problem code?? HELP!

MoparMan84

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had cat-less mids installed on the truck last week and i keep getting an error code P0402 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Excessive Detected. What the hell does that mean? I keep clearing it out with my SCT but it comes back. Is there a way to remove it permanently without putting cats back on?

It means there is too much exhaust gas being recirculated back thru the intake. EGR ( emissions). Now for the life of me I cannot recall an EGR valve so it must be an electrical solonoid or something. :dontknow:

Are you sure it's not code P0420? The SRT-10's don't have EGR valves. The P0420 is because the cats were removed.

MoparMan84 said:
Does anyone sell an O2 bypass?
You should not need them, i have JMB's catless mids with o2 Sims...no check engine light, ever. Or you can zip tie them up to frame so they hang in fresh air.

I had my rear 02s shut off when Torrie set my SCT up...

If you don't have a tune/SCT just put sims on the rear sensors and strap them to the frame. The sims protect the tips from water and fouling. Plug the bungs.

Mine have been strapped to the frame for years. Lots of nice fresh air flowing around the undercarriage, just what those sensors are looking for.

I read on another forum that if you buy 2 antifoulers you drill a 1/2 hole in one then screw it onto sensor then screw the other one on and install sensor. They say it works and it's cheap. I can try to find link if interested.

You dont need to buy expensive 02 sims for your truck. Look on the forums or just google manual 02 sims or spark plug spacers. You buy a total of 4 (2 per package), and drill out the one that get screwed onto the 02 sensor with a 1/2in. drill bit. After that you screw the other two remaining spacers onto the drilled out ones - then screw everything into your exhaust piping. So, everything will proceed as follows: Exhaust piping-regular spark plug spacer-drilled out spark plug spacer- then your 02 sensor. What this mod does is takes your downstream 02 out of the exhaust flow, therefore tricking your computer into thinking that there is a CAT between your first 02 and your downstream 02. That first spacer is only drilled out in order to fit it onto the 02 sensor. There is your fix... Spark plug spacers: $6 bucks, 02 sims: $100 bucks, Knowledge from the forums: Priceless...

Ram Z's SRT said:
You dont need to buy expensive 02 sims for your truck. Look on the forums or just google manual 02 sims or spark plug spacers. You buy a total of 4 (2 per package), and drill out the one that get screwed onto the 02 sensor with a 1/2in. drill bit. After that you screw the other two remaining spacers onto the drilled out ones - then screw everything into your exhaust piping. So, everything will proceed as follows: Exhaust piping-regular spark plug spacer-drilled out spark plug spacer- then your 02 sensor. What this mod does is takes your downstream 02 out of the exhaust flow, therefore tricking your computer into thinking that there is a CAT between your first 02 and your downstream 02. That first spacer is only drilled out in order to fit it onto the 02 sensor. There is your fix... Spark plug spacers: $6 bucks, 02 sims: $100 bucks, Knowledge from the forums: Priceless...
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

402 or 420?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back