How do you ship Exhaust components?

Burkerice07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im am working on a deal between Myself and another Member,

Im selling him the Stock midpipes, He lives in Florida, Me in South Carolina, What is the Cheapest way to Mail something like this and not spend $200!!!!
The Look pretty big under the Truck, but are then that hard to package when it comes time to move them on there Jolly way. What have been your past experiences.

P.S I am finally getting catless mids, On Route to my house as wee speak, So take This time to relax and feel unburdened that you will never see another thread by me, Trying to Con you guys out of your Midpipes.

GoodDay

Mine were shipped to me very well wrapped in bubble wrap. Don't remember who they were shipped through though.

Well just realize that when I sold my X metal mids to another member shipping was just over $80 ground. UPS charged for an irregular package and non boxed item, talk about BS. I tapped the mids together and then tapped cardboard over the ends. This was wrapped in bubble wrap and then followed by clear shrink wrap and more clear tape. I'm glad I didn’t plan on keeping any of the profits from the sale. In the end I spent $80 on shipping $30 on materials and sold the mids for $240 shipped.

Great idea, take them to a UPS store and see what they say, and of course ship em the ground rate. And do not complain, I had mine shipped to Maui..........aint no ground available dude!! LOL

patrick

:rock: :rock: :rock: ROAD TRIP :rock: :rock: :rock:

azpyroguy said:
I use FedEx Ground, I have an account with them... they are reasonable.
I ship tons of stuff. Fedex ground is the cheapest. Retail outlets like the UPS store cost plenty more. As far as boxes go you are better off getiing appliance boxes from large stores and cutting them down to size:D

Stay away from the retail stores like UPS Store, Mail boxes Etc, etc..

They WAYYYY mark up the shipping rates...like 25%, plus charge you for packing materials... I made the mistake a few years back... and used one of those places... and they whacked my $65 to ship something that should have only cost $22 to ship...

I used to used Airborne Express/DHL until they destroyed a package of mine that I insured and refused to pay up the claim... I owed them $135.00 in shipping charges on my account, and told them to EAT IT... because they destroyed a $300 package that was insured...strange thing... they never came after me... not only did I have to lose the $300 package, but I had to refund the customer as well... I was so pissed off at them.

I sent the rear part of the stock exhaust to texas from florida.UPS store.
they bubble wrapped and shipped for around 80$+/-

Back