How do you take this off?

FlyingLow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I bought my truck it had XM installed, but it is on the overheard right in front of the console that gives you your MPG and stuff. I want to move it lower so I don't have to look straight up to see the radio. I tried prying the console off, but I was afraid of breaking it. So I need 3 things.
1. How do you get it off?
2. Since mine has holes in it does anyone have a spare? (Will one out of a hemi fit?)
3. Where have you guys installed your satellite radios?

Picture005.jpg

The console cover comes off by gently popping the light covers off, and removing the screws.

Not sure about the rest. Good luck.

Seems like a strange place to hang it, huh?

My '06 came with satellite built in. I am not sure if the system that came in mine will fit your but it seems like it should. It is Sirius radio not XM, although from what I hear they are going to buy out XM or vice versa.

ntw0rk said:
The console cover comes off by gently popping the light covers off, and removing the screws.

Not sure about the rest. Good luck.

Seems like a strange place to hang it, huh?

Thanks!!! Yes it is strange place. The guy who had the truck before me was kind of large and that is where he needed it to see it.

I put mine in the bottom storage bin (center just off the transmission hump). It is out of sight there which is what I wanted. Mine came with a remote control so I don't need to punch any of the buttons on the unit. If you don't have a remote, this would not be a good place.

I have a remote but I have to aim it up and back for it to be in a line of sight. I get tired of driving with one hand up. I like to keep that hand free for the Bit*ches!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back