How many miles you achieve running from full tank until the tank is empty?

energetic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, report here you miles done (achieved) everytime you go from full tank into an empty tank...

In this way we can get some actual figures... ;)

energetic said:
Just out of curiosity, report here you miles done (achieved) everytime you go from full tank into an empty tank...

I never run it anywhere near empty, but i average about 11.5 @ 4500 ft above sea level

But, now that i think about it, if your worried about mpg, this is not a good truck for you

I live at sea level and i have averaged as high as 18.2 mpg on cruise control at 65 mph or so_Of course I dont stay at that snail speed for long and it goes back down to 11 to 14 mph at 70 and above mph.

On my trip from Toronto to West Palm i had the truck in 6th on cruise the entire way at 75mph ... i acheived 16.9mpg for the entire trip and i think i got about 450miles on a tank maybe 500... but i forget exactly now.. but it was ok for gas... but if your driving in town at all... basicaly cost you 20 bucks to go to the store and back lol...

I average 12 to 13 MPH around home, and 16 MPH on my last expressway run.

Bill.

energetic said:

This does not sound like any fun at all :(

lack of self disclipline causes mine to run around 8 to 10 mpg, when the wife is in the truck i get 13 to 15 mpg so i dont have to hear any bs

I :dontknow: how some of you guys are getting such good milage. I only drive mine around town and on country highways, and my average is between 7.5 and 8.4.:burnout: .

7.5?? holy shit .. i go to the track run 10x and i reset the lil clock when i get there and at the end of the night im still around 10mpg.. how do u get it so low?? are u driving in 1st gear at 6000rpm?? ...

sleeper said:
I :dontknow: how some of you guys are getting such good milage. I only drive mine around town and on country highways, and my average is between 7.5 and 8.4.:burnout: .
18.4 @60 MPH in 6th gear on US 31 .I could have done better on the freeway.

I get 9- 10 in town on normal driving.

Wanna know how much the SS gets? He he..........:burnout:

ROKTMAN said:
18.4 @60 MPH in 6th gear on US 31 .I could have done better on the freeway.

I get 9- 10 in town on normal driving.

Wanna know how much the SS gets? He he..........:burnout:

Lemmie guess! Like 3? LOL.. But I'm sure the Impala is like 187 mpg in regards to the bling factor.:rock:

lol went out tonight and just thought id see what the best milage i could get... so i reset the lil clock thing.. and was going 50 down a light hill got 35mpg lol... then soon as it flatened out it went down to 20. and stayed there ... but then again thats 50mph in 6th gear ... then on the hy at 70 in 6th my average including getting to the hy and to my house 18.3mpg... on a 50mile trip..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back