How many N/A blown motors on this site?

srtaggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen a few FI motors go, but I wonder how many have gone just from regular driving or even abuse.:dontknow:

I think I have heard of one but he was spraying,,,,,and I could be wrong, Infact I am wrong 50 % of the time

Car Dudes was FI then N/A lost oil pressure and blew... Other than that I can only remember one other one and I think he lost oil pressure too..

stick said:
I think I have heard of one but he was spraying,,,,,and I could be wrong, Infact I am wrong 50 % of the time

Me too. As hard as I try I cannot get above 50% correct. I'm convinced it is genetic.

The engine is a strong beast. In a N/A mode it is difficult to hurt...and there is no shortage of people who drive it very hard...the rev limiter, and a generally rich air fuel mixture are great safety devices. I guess I have to say that the design is pretty strong...as engines go, thank-you DC!

I have video of a former member blowing his engine during a burnout contest. :dontknow: He was hitting the spray to "get the burnout started". Maybe I'm naive but I thought that 500hp and 525 ft. lbs of torque could get one started just fine.

Other than a loss of oil pressure, its pretty hard to just blow one of these up. Although I know some people that can distroy anything.

Bill.

I can destroy anything and I drive it hard. I never get over 8mpg if that tells you how I drive it. Over 6,000 miles and no problem at all. Even the tranny is great and many QC's seem to need tranny work. A high performance engine should be run hard rather than babied. These engines are meant to run hard. For that matter, 500 hp is not much from these motors. It isn't like they are being pushed to the limits for power output when stock. They are built more for reliabilty when stock I would think.

I know you said this site, but Roktman blew his motor. He is banned from the site though. Something to do with the clogged cat.

sleeper said:
I know you said this site, but Roktman blew his motor. He is banned from the site though. Something to do with the clogged cat.

That is correct. Also there was someone that lost an engine due to oil starvation in corners. Can't remember if it was on a track, but I think so.

Silverback said:
That is correct. Also there was someone that lost an engine due to oil starvation in corners. Can't remember if it was on a track, but I think so.

Yes... And if memory serves, it was due to an Accusump failure.....

D

Didn't he live somewhere overseas and was running a road course? The high speed turns ended up starving his motor for oil and it went bang. That was on the NFFF site a few years back.

trubuilt said:
mine blew it was caused by cylinder failure not sure what that means but i got a new one. It was pretty much stock too.

I think you meant:

trubuilt said:
Mine blew. It was caused by cylinder failure. Not sure what that means, but I got a new one. It was pretty much stock, too.

:dontknow: ------------------------;) .----------------------------:dontknow:

D

Silverback said:
No. He's an asshole, but we love him anyway.;) :p :D :rock:

That's Mr. Asshole to you....... Mr. Apeface........ ;) :D :)

And while I'm being one or the other, I may as well fix this typo, too...

Prof said:
Thank you sir, your are a gentleman and scholar.

Looks like yer brain was undecided between "you're" and "you are" ....

D

Last edited:
Django said:
That's Mr. Asshole to you....... Mr. Apeface........ ;) :D :)

And while I'm being one or the other, I may as well fix this typo, too...

Looks like yer brain was undecided between "you're" and "you are" ....

D

I stand corrected Mr. Asshole.;) :D :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back