How many time do you turn the petcock for radiator flush?

evanandretti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns a quarter turn then stops. But nothing comes out of nipple. Tried to force it a bit and some coolent was seeping out. Couldn't tell if it was from nipple or petcock. Tightened it up and now i don't know what to do. When I unscrewed it more looked like it was going to fall out haha

Sometimes you have to pull out a little ( :D ) for it to turn a little more and drain. One word of advise on some that haven't been used in a while or never drained you risk a leak afterwards. If that doesnt work I can go out to the garage and check my rad is out when I get home.

If i turn it any more then half a turn it leaks out of te petcock itself.

Turn it out half a turn right before it starts to leak out the petcock, take a small zip tie or tooth pick not a screwdriver may wreck something. There may be a buildup of sediment at the drain plugging it off. Or it's broken.

Mine turns a quarter turn then starts to move out a 1/4" and drain.

If your going to drain the radiator try removing the lower rad hose to avoid messing up the petcock. There was a thread somewhere were this is a problem ...Just make sure the coolant is cold when you do it ...

Doing the thermostat. I used a had pump with hose in the rad, took upper tad hose off then drained with hose in the thermostat housing. So far so good thanks boys.

Oh also there is something really hard in the upper rad hose where it turns. Is that one of those coils or whatever to retain it's shape?

well you have to be carefull pulling it out, and be very gentle with it, but warning if you play with your petcock too long it gets mad an will spit at you

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back