How much for PermaStar coating the wheels

spray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how much it cost to get the wheels permastar coated and can they fix a little curb rash on them?? Where is the closest place to North Louisiana??

spray said:
Just wondering how much it cost to get the wheels permastar coated and can they fix a little curb rash on them?? Where is the closest place to North Louisiana??
I just had my rims done. California is the place. $765.00 plus shipping. When they receive the wheel, they will estimate repair. I can give you the name of the fellow I dealt with when I get back to the office. Pacific Rims is the company. UPS cost for me about $125.00 each way.(from NY). (I'll double check amount, and let you know). I am deciding on tires before I mount them on the truck. But, they look awesome.:)

When you say " they estimate the repair". Does permastar fix curb damage and stuff? When I got my truck the previous owner must have been an idiot and all 4 wheels have damage and a couple of them have really bad damage.

Exo said:
When you say " they estimate the repair". Does permastar fix curb damage and stuff? When I got my truck the previous owner must have been an idiot and all 4 wheels have damage and a couple of them have really bad damage.

They will fix any damage to the rims. This company can actually replace missing chunks and the guarantee it to be as strong if not stronger than before. This goes for any aluminum rim. Check out their web site for before and after pics.

Expensive, I just had the wheels on my Cherokee done and I went powder-coat over the chrome because of downtime (shipping, etc..) and price.

I got 4 wheels done for 300 bucks, and 2 day turnaround.

Perma does look good though ;)

but powder coating doesn't fix damage does it?

What are the chances there is a company in Canada that does this?

Exo said:
but powder coating doesn't fix damage does it?

What are the chances there is a company in Canada that does this?

There is one in Calgary I think. I had a buddy send some wheels down and had them repaired and acid dipped or something like that, but they didnt turn out near as nice as the Permastar coatings. I also would like to send mine to California to have them done and probably will this winter. Maybe we can send ours together on a pallet and save some shipping?

yellowfever#154 said:
There is one in Calgary I think. I had a buddy send some wheels down and had them repaired and acid dipped or something like that, but they didnt turn out near as nice as the Permastar coatings. I also would like to send mine to California to have them done and probably will this winter. Maybe we can send ours together on a pallet and save some shipping?

That might just be an idea. I imagine you have the shipping connections and materials to make it go alot smoother then just me shipping them.:D

yellowfever#154 said:

Pending on when you sre ready to send them , I might be up for that also:rock: ,you get your engine?

Exo said:
That might just be an idea. I imagine you have the shipping connections and materials to make it go alot smoother then just me shipping them.:D

Ya I have a few connections to make it easier. It would be easier to send multiple sets that just one set. I inquired about shipping to them and they wanted me to put them in individual boxes and send them down. That would cost a fortune though, so if you, Joe, and myself put all ours on a pallet it would be super easy. Let me know if and when you want to do it cause I will for sure.

Last edited:
Yellow venom said:
Pending on when you sre ready to send them , I might be up for that also:rock: ,you get your engine?

We will keep you posted for sure. I wasnt able to get there last week to pick up the motor and they are gone racing this weekend. Some time next week I will try to sneak away from work and get there to pick it up.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back