how much

stick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much tourge would I loose by putting shorty headers on my small block 400, I have long tubes on there now

eddie102870 said:
they way you ran at holt it wont matter:D

LOL, I knew that was coming,,but I just got my tranny back together,,my second gear was totally gone and first was real ate up. Cant wait for the next time,,I might have throw a 50 shot on too:D

stick said:
LOL, I knew that was coming,,but I just got my tranny back together,,my second gear was totally gone and first was real ate up. Cant wait for the next time,,I might have throw a 50 shot on too:D
just messin with you. id stick with the long tubes

stick said:
how much tourge would I loose by putting shorty headers on my small block 400, I have long tubes on there now

In all actuality you will actually gain lower end torque while sacrificing a lil upper end HP. Long tubes are the best bet all round though IMO. Long tubes will net you better HP in the higher rpms and lose down low torque.

Of course all is based around the build and cam specs and head flow#s as well as the exhaust setup from the headers back.;)

this is on my track car,,only runs a 1/8 mile at a time.

short or long tube wont really make much that much of difference As pipe diameter and collector size and the rest of exhaust tubing

Long tubes are generally better for drag racing. You might want to run a bolt on collector extension on them.

Like Jack said the LTs are better for the track...I dont think they are worth almost twice the price of shortys but if you already have them it would make no sense to change..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back