How tall of a tire?

Yetti808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I found some 17's I think for the rear? What does the offset or back spacing have to be? They are -24 and 4.5 backspace. And the stock tire is 31.6 in tall. So would a 30 or even 28 in be better? And last but not least. A slick or dr? If I want to actually race a local drag will the slick put me in a different class? And sorry for all the questions I've motoed for 10 years and just now gettin a little interested in drag racing.

I run a 28" slick with 4.10 gears, how ever I'm on 16" rims. My very first setup was a 17x10 rim with a 26x11.50x17 mickey Thompson et street slick. That got me down to a 12.34 in the 1/4 but I ended up running out of gear at the end of the track. Pretty much the only option in a drag radial is the M&H 390/40/17. a member here, trainman, made it into the 11's running them, they are 29.3" tall

Ideal backspace is 6.5 on our trucks. Slick is much better and should not cause a class change.

Yea I'm shifting 4th right at the end.. But I'm sucking it up sonething terrible in the 60. I'll figure it out.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back