How to checkup an SC SRT?

mrsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just got an RC SC truck.
Its a Paxton Nova 2000 SC.

Little history on the truck so i want to take a full checkup.
What should i check and what should i upgrade?

What i know besides the Nova, clutch upgraded, the fuel injectors are changed and some other little things.
Stock exhaust, I'm thinking of an magnaflow cat in the near future.
It has an AF(?) meter and it reads about 14.7 under driving.
Normal?

When i rev it, it has some hang time before it calms down to "regular" idle.
Normal?

It runs well but never had ac SC before so i dont know if its right.

Pull the plugs and read them. Do a compression check. Make sure the harmonic balancer is tight and pinned.

Fisrt thing i would upgrade is the heat exchanger. Get a bigger one and get a better water pump for it. Then upgrade to a tial bov. Sounds great. And great a good tune. Other than that enjoy the truck.

Dump all fluids. Change and read plugs. Compression test. Leak down Test. Everything checks out...Dyno or data log then tune from there, stay low on the boost unless you know its had the stock cast rods and pistons replaced..That would be if it were mine..Also take some advise from some of the Paxton guys like E that can tell you the specifics that will make that charge air cooler...

Last edited:
Which is the best SC for our trucks? The Roe or The Paxton? :dontknow:

I've had a Paxton Rc for about a year now almost standard Paxton apart from cat back. Mine Runs the same on the a/f at idle 14.3 and Norman driving but under full power/boost you should see it drop to around 11 which is very rich but for the odd squirt it's ok.
I also get the odd hanging in revs some times.
I have been advised to go with to make is safer and run slightly more power

Larger injectors
One in tank fuel pump
And remover the piggyback Paxton ecu and replace with a sct
This is the winters project!

Which is the best SC for our trucks? The Roe or The Paxton? :dontknow:

For power or reliability? Procharger is the only way to make big power with a blower, the Roe and the Paxton both have limitations.

For power or reliability? Procharger is the only way to make big power with a blower, the Roe and the Paxton both have limitations.

I guess I'm referring to the top mount twin screw design or the procharger.

Mine keeps hanging longer..If they sag anymore I'm gunna have to have a nut sling? Question For the older guys...Do they just keep sagging? Holy chit I hope not.

lol

can we get them to be quicker?
I dont like the hang time. I want it to be direct. Like bap bap

I would also pull the super charger piping off (good time to clean the throttle body too)and see if you have any oil in them, if so you need a new impeller shaft seal. Ditch the paxton blow off that is mounted to the reservoir and put one closer to the throttle body unless you don't mind the oil residue on the passenger side of the engine bay.

Also look to see if you have any blackish residue under the pulley that serpentine belt rotates around. If so seal needs replaced.
and while you have teh

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back