How to disable chime

Mopar Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to disable or remove the door/seatbelt chime?
I love this truck. I hate this annoying chime.

It's a 2004.

Wear your seatbelt :dontknow:

Try these steps...
Step 1. Turn your truck off and buckle the seat belt
Step 2. Turn the key to the ON position (from here you have 60 seconds to finish the rest of the steps, otherwise you get to start over)
Step 3. Wait a few seconds for the seat belt warning light to turn off
Step 4. Unbuckle and buckle the belt 3 times (within 10 seconds), ending with the belt buckled
Step 5. Turn the ignition to the OFF position. You should hear a chime to confirm that it worked.

Viperidae, thank you.
I just tried it a couple of times, and it didn't work. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow again.

Wesalbert, I'm not sure how that thing works, but I suppose I'd have to leave it plugged in to the seatbelt all the time. I do use my seatbelt. I want to continue using it. This darn chime goes off everytime I put the key in the ignition or open the door or do anything.

How hard is it to get to, and remove? Is there a wire somewhere I can snip to completely kill it?

Crapola, my sweet bride has to tell me when my turn signal is left on---I being almost deaf don't ya know. Laying in bed I can't even hear the smoke detector chiming when the battery is low.

Hahaha---never heard a seat belt chime. Hope it is a purdy sound. :D

It's drving me nuts!
I guess I'm cursed with excellent hearing! :dontknow:

Found this:

Seat belt chime is as follows:

1. Get in vehicle and close door.
2. Buckle up.
3. Turn key on
4. within 30 seconds(?) unbuckle and buckle three times within 10 seconds - the third buckle up leaving it buckled...
5. Turn key off, just 1 chime should be heard now when not driving safe.

note: when turning off the key a single chime should be heard meaning job well done! You fixed it again...

This does not disable the seatbelt light but does disable the chime

Buy a seat belt extender off amazon for under $10. I found it works on all my mopars. I get the 3 inch rigid ones. No chime and you can still buckle in if you want.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back