How to get my truck to look like this ?

Viper7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can i make the Srt-10 look like this guys lighting. Sorry for the pic of a lighting lol, and its from M and H website.

Basically im looking for a allternative to my 22's For permentive driving, but allso be able to go to the track, burnout with a line lock and get some decent times.

Im looking for the low stance aggressive stance with the truck lowerd, yet the tire filling in the gap, hopefull on 17 inch rims, with not to much offset sticking out.

I hate to say it but this truck has a nice setup.

Attachments

• lighting slicks.jpg
    lighting slicks.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 310
Vprpwr was running 19"s on the front and 16"s on the back and his srt looked like a L....keep in mind the tall sidewall tires that you like for the track will really....really suck in the corners...:D

ViperTruck2933 said:
X-Metal Lowering kit.

Look at my sig pic.:rock:

Aye :)

But even with boomers kit, smaller rim taller sidewall, there still will be a tremendous gap i susspect. Inless there was even more room to slam the truck after boomers kit.

Your right about one setup vs another Mike. I dont think i would want to do any road coarses lol in drag tires. I'm looking for that overrall combination of good drag slicks, yet streeable tires. I dont have alot of options this i know, but to save time and costly mistakes, thats why im trying to get everones advice on the right combo.

I woudnt mind going with 16s. But that means taller sidewall like you say. 17's for the trip to the local dragstrip with out takeing a whole set of tires with me to change, seems about what im looking for. Now if they made a full drag in 18s yeah yeah i know not enough intrest lol.

Thing is i dont want the rims that i do put on with slicks to stand out like a sore thumb. My plan is to actually powder coat any rim i do go with, black.

Basically im looking for something in between drag/road handling to where it doesnt feel like im driving a boat with tremendous body roll due to tire wall flex

Last edited:
Viper7777 said:
Aye :)

But even with boomers kit, smaller rim taller sidewall, there still will be a tremendous gap i susspect. Inless there was even more room to slam the truck after boomers kit.

Your right about one setup vs another Mike. I dont think i would want to do any road coarses lol in drag tires. I'm looking for that overrall combination of good drag slicks, yet streeable tires. I dont have alot of options this i know, but to save time and costly mistakes, thats why im trying to get everones advice on the right combo.

I woudnt mind going with 16s. But that means taller sidewall like you say. 17's for the trip to the local dragstrip with out takeing a whole set of tires with me to change, seems about what im looking for. Now if they made a full drag in 18s yeah yeah i know not enough intrest lol.

Thing is i dont want the rims that i do put on with slicks to stand out like a sore thumb. My plan is to actually powder coat any rim i do go with, black.

Basically im looking for something in between drag/road handling to where it doesnt feel like im driving a boat with tremendous body roll due to tire wall flex

you want your cake and want to eat it too...I understand....:D...I want my girl and I to be together forever and I want her to shut up on command....

Ha !! i hear ya brother lol

Ok went to american racing website they have a pretty cool wheel selector , with most importanly you can play around with tire sizes. This is the look im going for .

rear 16x10
front 16x8

with a 45 side wall for the front
and a 55 side wall for the rear

does anyone know what that is in slick sizes, thats where i get lost.

The other option im thinking of is with a different set of rims

front 17x8.0
rear 18x9.5
front 45 sidewall
rear 55 sidewall

with this combo i could go with the NITTOS 555r drags i suppose

Both set of rims were sized up with a 2.5 inch drop front and rear

Attachments

• mytruck wheels.jpg
    mytruck wheels.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Viper7777 said:
Ha !! i hear ya brother lol

Ok went to american racing website they have a pretty cool wheel selector , with most importanly you can play around with tire sizes. This is the look im going for .

rear 16x10
front 16x8

with a 45 side wall for the front
and a 55 side wall for the rear

does anyone know what that is in slick sizes, thats where i get lost.

The other option im thinking of is with a different set of rims

front 17x8.0
rear 18x9.5
front 45 sidewall
rear 55 sidewall

again dont know if M and H have slicks to fit these.

Both set of rims were sized up with a 2.5 inch drop front and rear

Sorry man...you cant get anything smaller than a 19 to fit the front...and that is with 04 brakes.....:(

HOLLY &&^^ didnt know that.. well then that puts a kink in things..
why come ? rotor ? a-arms ?

Viper7777 said:
HOLLY &&^^ didnt know that.. well then that puts a kink in things..
why come ? rotor ? a-arms ?

caliper......that is why no one runs skinnies....:D

seems like its time for a replacement caliper.. willwood, brembo, somone ? can i just shave the thing down with a torch :dontknow:

Nowwhat said:
Sorry man...you cant get anything smaller than a 19 to fit the front...and that is with 04 brakes.....:(
:confused: I thought there were guys running 18's all the way around on our trucks without grinding?:dontknow:

mauiSRT/10 said:
Couple of guys have grinded them down............lotta work though.

patrick

So your saying there is hope ? I will grind every night for the next 5 years if i have to.. If not that then i dont see why we just cant replace the caliper with something smaller, maybe just a regular 1500 brake caliper.

I'm not sure about calipers....but as far as Rotors are concerned there is only one replacement for us....OEM. I don't know if its possible to get the same look as that L in your pic. Our trucks are soooo much bigger than the ford you can slam it all you want but the wheel well will still be huge!

Nowwhat said:

Here is a pic of the 18x73/8 " Bogart wheels I have for the front of my 04 RC . They have 255X55X18 KDW's on them.
I had them custom made by Bogart and they fit. We have never test fitted them on an 05 yet so we don,t know if they will fit.

http://www.bogartracingwheels.com/

Attachments

• Pomona 8-05  Dodge dash headers Bobs AFX 084.jpg
    Pomona 8-05 Dodge dash headers Bobs AFX 084.jpg
    798.3 KB · Views: 60
Those things are sweet. I like bogart rims but doesnt look like they are street legal, or safe. Strictly drag rims i guess :dontknow:

Jack why did you go with 7x3/8th width ? why not 8 or just 7 ? allso Jack why a 55 sidewall for the front ?

I looked at the front caliper this morning and it looks to be the same size as the back eye to eye.

I think my only decent solution is to grind down what i can to make 18's fit all the way around. That way i can use the Nitto drag's Yet drive the truck home a hour from the track with out ever pulling the rims.

I would imagine skinnies up front saves alot of weight :) thats good for what .10 in the quarter ?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back