How to hit 12's

1nastysrt10

Reaction score
hey guys i am the owner of a RC srt10, i have ran this truck and its best was 13.86 . is this right ? also what do i have to do to turn low to mid 12's ? cheapest way . also what are you guys doing about the huge 22's that love to rotate faster then the truck :) al it does is spin, please post replies

What is your location? To understand the conditions you ran under.

How good is the track you went to?

Do you have any mods?

How are you at shifting your truck?

These are all important factors.

Bill.

Where are you located??? Elevation and humidity have a huge impact on ET. . .

By the way - WELCOME! :party:

First welcome to the club........research other threads to learn about how these trucks respond to different mods..........cheapest route to low/mid 12s is PCM flash or SCT tuner, drag radials and about 150 shot of the bottle stuff.........of course different tracks will produce different results due to elevation, weather, track prep, etc...

welcome -

yep Rubber and NOS :p about 12.66 on a good track and GREAT weather conditions....

thanks

VIPER

Stinker said:
buy a lightning:)

or learn to drive a six speed....

Good conditions are all thats needed to run a 12...

What are your '60 times? Any 12.xx pass I have had has been either 1.9 or 1.8, ....2.0 get me 13.00

BigRed460 said:

or learn to drive a six speed....

Good conditions are all thats needed to run a 12...

What are your '60 times? Any 12.xx pass I have had has been either 1.9 or 1.8, ....2.0 get me 13.00
dito, i'm running 12.3's with SCT, K&N drop in, headers/catless mids/magnaflow. Cal-tracs and 26x11.5x17 cheater slicks on 17x10 rims, what year is your truck...ohh i have a B&Mshifter too

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
dito, i'm running 12.3's with SCT, K&N drop in, headers/catless mids/magnaflow. Cal-tracs and 26x11.5x17 cheater slicks on 17x10 rims, what year is your truck...ohh i have a B&Mshifter too

Yep the above is all you need to get mid 12's... well that and a driver mod.:D Adding giggle gas on top of that will get you into the 11's on a good track, good weather conditions, and good tune.

I am basicly stock(exept a built tranny due to continuing problems), and that 12.7 time in my sig. is stock. Now I have a magnflow and a x-metal Tb, I haven't ran the 1/4 lately(3 months) but on that 12.7 pass I was 8.3@85 and last weekend I ran two 8.2@87.

...o yea, and I have put 5 cluths in it...

Last edited:
I think Tony needs to put those twins on the qc so he don't have to worry bout the lever thingy always slowing him down...................

But he sold the fast one i think............. :)

The fastest time a stock truck has run is 12.9.....

Ive run 13.3 stock.

If you do the shifter upgrade adn some light mods you should be able to get into the 12s.. Full exhaust intake , flash the pc,,,, and you should be pretty close

1nastysrt10 said:
hey guys i am the owner of a RC srt10, i have ran this truck and its best was 13.86 . is this right ? also what do i have to do to turn low to mid 12's ? cheapest way . also what are you guys doing about the huge 22's that love to rotate faster then the truck :) al it does is spin, please post replies

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
The fastest time a stock truck has run is 12.9.....

Three people have ran faster stock times, Blaine from psi ran a 12.70, we did have a thread i'll search for it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back