How to open fuse box on 2006 SRT-10

ohiosrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok.. I realize it really can't be as hard as I'm making it, however, I can't seem to get the fuse box open under the hood of my 2006 SRT-10. I am able to "remove" the entire box by pushing on the fittings on each side and lift it out, however, I can't seem to find a way to simply OPEN it up! The bottom side of the fuse box has two obvious latches which I have disengaged, but it won't flip up. Are there additional latches for allow it to open besides the two on the bottom? What am I missing? :dontknow: Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I don't want to get out the heavy metal tools to try to force it...

I've push both of them down but the top doesn't want to flip up easily. I don't want to break anything!

The 06 is different. Sorry I can't help. Mine is the same as his

Still looking... :)

Thanks for taking the time to post a quick video! It may not have been helpful to me on the '06, but someone else may need to see it sometime.

If someone can post a short video showing how to open up the '06 fuse box, I would definitely appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

I just went outside and tried mine, i just pull the 2 tabs in (the 2 facing the headers) an it popped right up on a hing. wish icould help more.

I just went outside and tried mine, i just pull the 2 tabs in (the 2 facing the headers) an it popped right up on a hing. wish icould help more.

Can you explain by what you mean by "pull them in"? They appear to be snaps which I push "down" and that doesn't seem to release them or allow me to open the box. Am I moving them in the wrong direction somehow? Thanks again for taking the time to respond! :p

Can you post a quick video of what you are doing, so the OP can see? :)

On my way to work now, The tabs just pinch back to the box and it lifts right up. You may just be a little seized up.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back