How would you know if you already have a tune?

big_ol_meat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased my truck used. Is there anyway to find out if a tune had already been put on it? I'd hate to buy a SCT and find out I'm already tuned!

I purchased my truck used. Is there anyway to find out if a tune had already been put on it? I'd hate to buy a SCT and find out I'm already tuned!

Off topic, but what does that last quote on your sig page mean? The one about 16 year old girls?

There is an 11 step procedure to test if you have a tune:

1. find a long stretch of deserted road
2. point the truck down the straight road
3. come to a complete stop
4. push in clutch
5. move transmission into 1st gear
6. rev engine to 6050 RPM
7. quickly let out clutch
8. wait .80 seconds
9. grab second gear as quickly as possible
10. keep foot on accelerator until the actual speed of the vehicle matches that of the tires
11. measure the black marks on the asphalt that you have just created.

Less than 110' feet indicates no tune. Greater than 110' indicates the vehicle has been tuned.

That line in your signature is very distasteful.

There is an 11 step procedure to test if you have a tune:

1. find a long stretch of deserted road
2. point the truck down the straight road
3. come to a complete stop
4. push in clutch
5. move transmission into 1st gear
6. rev engine to 6050 RPM
7. quickly let out clutch
8. wait .80 seconds
9. grab second gear as quickly as possible
10. keep foot on accelerator until the actual speed of the vehicle matches that of the tires
11. measure the black marks on the asphalt that you have just created.

Less than 110' feet indicates no tune. Greater than 110' indicates the vehicle has been tuned.

What happens if I wait .81 seconds for letting out of the clutch? Sometimes I'm a little slow on the draw.

When there is a thread where hank the tank isn't calling someone a faggot or viperhauler calling someone a queef then I'll consider taking it out. Until then lecture them first. They've been members a lot longer. ;)

"I like my women like I like my scotch, 16 years old and mixed up with a little coke"

i think its funny...ive got a shirt just like it :)

What happens if I wait .81 seconds for letting out of the clutch? Sometimes I'm a little slow on the draw.

When there is a thread where hank the tank isn't calling someone a faggot or viperhauler calling someone a queef then I'll consider taking it out. Until then lecture them first. They've been members a lot longer. ;)

Lol! To each, his own.

You really need to talk to the last owner! If he sold it with the tune in it, the tuner is locked and unuseable and so is the truck! the truck will not have a stock tune for the sct to save!! It will be stuck with the existing tune and very complicated to restore a stock tune to it.

You have a blower on their right? Take it to a good tuner and put it on the dyno. Make sure timing and air/fuel is where it needs to be. Tune is cheaper than a motor.

I've actually been searching for a tuner/dyno. I don't know of any in Arkansas. I've seen a place called Polk Performance around Little Rock but they don't have a website.

I've actually been searching for a tuner/dyno. I don't know of any in Arkansas. I've seen a place called Polk Performance around Little Rock but they don't have a website.
Might have to ship the truck or take a road trip. Go with one of the best. Good luck.

There's southern hotrod near new Orleans. Check into whoever did Bobby's truck.

I'll be in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. I might take my truck.......It's going to stroke me with gas though. lol

Sure didn't. Still don't know anyone to look at it. :(

Bring that beast to the Dallas area or we have ART in Austin! You can verify with a quick blip of the throttle to see where the REV LIMIT is set. It should be around 6100 tuned and around 5600 stock.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back