HP ratings

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey boys,
Quickie question for all you ancient hot rodders out there (read: old farts). Does anyone have any sort of information regarding how the horsepower ratings changed from back in the 60's to the modern day readings? For example, a 435hp '67 vette, what would that rating be in today's terms?

Thanks boys (and girls)

harrisb said:
Hey boys,
Quickie question for all you ancient hot rodders out there (read: old farts). Does anyone have any sort of information regarding how the horsepower ratings changed from back in the 60's to the modern day readings? For example, a 435hp '67 vette, what would that rating be in today's terms?

Thanks boys (and girls)

I'm sure someone has a more scientific response, but it's probably going to be a 15-20% reduction, whatever the loss through the transmission etc is and that would depend on whether it's an auto or standard transmission.

harrisb said:
Hey boys,

Thanks boys (and girls)
Yes, as long as you use Brake HP as a referance to go by I.E.
1966 Dodge 426 (1) 4 brl) had 365 Brake HP & 470 Ft. Lbs.of torque, at least Torque hasn't changed:D

Ref: 1972 Motors Manual

Last edited:
Wifey said:
Yes, as long as you use Brake HP as a referance to go by I.E.
1966 Dodge 426 (1) 4 brl) had 365 Brake HP & 470 Ft. Lbs.of torque, at least Torque hasn't changed:D

Ref: 1972 Motors Manual

You are an amazing woman Denise....:rock: :rock: :rock:

KRAZYSRT10 said:
You are an amazing woman Denise....:rock: :rock: :rock:
See, it helps to Read the book , Not eat it:rock: :dancing: ;) :D :p

Wifey said:
See, it helps to Read the book , Not eat it:rock: :dancing: ;) :D :p

I had heard somewhere that you kould learn by osmosis. So I thought it would be easier to absorb it...:dontknow: ;) :D

KRAZYSRT10 said:
I had heard somewhere that you kould learn by osmosis. So I thought it would be easier to absorb it...:dontknow: ;) :D

OK, THEN I"LL PRINT YOU A SUPPOSITORY:p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back