HP?

yellowFeVEr#270

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after a little research, I found that the QC's came from the factory @ 400 rwhp. After a little more reading on here, and using the search function, i found out about the roe 710 cam, I was mis imformed or didnt do enough home work befor I bought the truck and assumed I was gonna be @ 430-440 rwhp stock...well I was wrong lol. Anyway...with my goal being to get my beast up @ 475-500 rwhp, I saw a couple QC's getting these results from some basic bolt on mods and a roe 710 cam. Can i expect these same results as well, with just tge cam upgrade?

Well with what i know now, that be great! If i can stay outta the engine, I'd be happy, but I do this for a living so if parts arent to bad i may just bite the bullet, and go with it!

FlyingLow put down 475 RWHP and 540 TRQ with just cam and built engine. I dyno'd bone stock at 403, some go a little higher, some slightly lower. I'm installing all of the parts in my signature this summer, hope to be around 450 or higher with as much or more TQ.

Last edited:
several QC's are putting 450 to the tires with stock internals and full bolt-ons with a tune...

so with even a small cam and a touch thinner head gaskets, you should easily be able to hit the 475+ mark...

Stock puahrods work with thinner headgasket?

Stock push rods are junk, might as well replace them. I second staying away from the 710 in a truck. Get you a custom cam, thinner head gaskets, and the normal bolt ons with a good tune should get you where you want to be.

I would not use stock Push rods with a cam build, they're known to flex at higher RPMS. I would go with either 5/16 or 3/8 hardened rods.

i wouldn't use oem pushrods...

it's a basket of worms if you want it to be...

oh well i'll just put in pushrods... well i'll go ahead and put some roller rockers in it... well i might as well ...... you see how this goes...

I'm not saying that the 710 cam is garbage. But it is old and there are WAY better na cams to be had

Sent from my iPhone 6 while driving 100 mph on a dirt road

Yes better technology exists and as said, its a dominoe effect. If you leave heads alone, a nice profile can be ground to extract all the airflow our heads can handle. Pushrods, cam, gaskets,Springs, tune will be needed.
Remove heads for thinner Gen4 gaskets, might as well work heads, new lifters, valve guides, seals. Etc. it keeps going,lol. It's the end results you desire that's the key. If you want 500 HP NA build for that, if you think you'll boost, save your money on cam swap or put a blower spec grind in now Instead. Have a goal in mind. Mine and a few others have been pushing the stock internal block (no cam swap) into 12.0-11.6 or so ;)

No intentions of using any forced induction, just a more aggreasive cam, will the thinner head gasket get me the compression I'm gonna want?

Yessir they indeed will. As will milling the heads slightly.
So many different ways to achieve a desired goal bro :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back