humming at 3000 rpm

the bowler

Reaction score
ok i need to pick some brains, my truck is an 05 with 57000ish and i've noticed lately that when it gets up to around 200 degrees it starts producing a sort of humming that sounds like its coming from the motor to me but from the mufflers to my stepdad. any ideas what it might be?

Some say the fan is loud when it kicks on high,I don't think mine has ever kicked on high though...

my step dad says that he put magnaflows in it when he owned it, and as for the fan, the sound only developed about 2 months ago, and under 3k rpm it just has the normal engine noise

The fan running on high will make a heck of a humming noise .... Mine did when I did the SCT and 170 degrgee Tstat .

Fan could also be vibrating when it kick on high. Mine did that until I changed to electric. The fan blade was cracked and it made noise like a mofo.

I would agree it is the highspeed fan. It is friggin' loud!! But effective!!

my step dad says that he put magnaflows in it when he owned it, and as for the fan, the sound only developed about 2 months ago, and under 3k rpm it just has the normal engine noise

Put it on a rack and ck the muffler for something broken loose on the inside. Magnaflows are known for that.

k will do, ill let you know when i find out if its the muffler or not

Are you sure it isn't the fan? it is normal for it to sound that way

pretty sure its not the fan, when i checked it the fan was intact and no cracks were visible, plus if it was the fan wouldnt it be making that noise even at idle?

ok i need to pick some brains, my truck is an 05 with 57000ish and i've noticed lately that when it gets up to around 200 degrees it starts producing a sort of humming that sounds like its coming from the motor to me but from the mufflers to my stepdad. any ideas what it might be?

have the dealer check on your transmission where driveshaft connects there is a sort of bearing there might need to be replaced..mine did for some reason it went dry and was doing something similar humming noise once it got up to operating temp.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back