Hurricane Ernesto Go Home

Blakewilder...pm me with your business address...my daughter and son-in-law live in West Palm and might need your services.

The USAR team is setting up for deployment tomorrow night at 18:00...set to leave....destination..... to be determined.

We will be gone for a "few"...depending on the magnitude...

NBT said:
The USAR team is setting up for deployment tomorrow night at 18:00...set to leave....destination..... to be determined.

We will be gone for a "few"...depending on the magnitude...
Good luck Kenny.............God be with you my man :D

Gas Pump lines in Ft. Lauderdale right now are averaging 45min- 1hour waits! Cars lined up in the damn roads waiting to get in. Madness has begun. Time to get out the 12 meter kite and go catch some air!

Thanks Bud...looks like South Florida ...at the moment. Subject to change.
Tomorrow will give a lot of info...once it is into open water. I am on duty tomorrow morning at 8...so I am finishing up last minute BS.

strm5_strike_277x187.jpg

Here come da judge, Here come da judge...

I know most of you don't remember that phrase...

Be safe all, that is what is important everything else is just dollars...just finished $100,000 in repairs on the house in Marathon flooded by Wilma last fall...ready to go at it again if necessary...hope not...

NBT if you go to the Keys, you guys are welcome to use my house...if it...well you know what I mean...

Last edited:
Down to an alert...no one going anywhere now...just got to have all our equip ready IF we go.

That's good news...waiting game

Blakewilder said:
WPB lines are SICK! I heard somethin like 50 gas stations around WPB have had generators installed....and some Publix stores too.
Hey Blake, what part of WPB are you in? I lived there about 15 years ago off of Military Trail just north of Boynton Beach Blvd. I probably wouldn't recognize the place now. I hear construction is crazy there. Big Dave

We were in Florida a couple of years ago during Hurricane Jeanne (at least I think that was the one). We had a family trip to Disney planned for months ahead of time. Delta called me the night before we were supposed to leave to tell me that our flight had been cancelled into Orlando and that they could probably get us there on Monday, we were supposed to be leaving early Saturday morning. I really didn't want to lose a couple of days of the trip, so I asked them just to get us somewhere in Florida. We got lucky and got the last flight from Atlanta to Tampa before they shut that airport down too. Got to Tampa and rented a car for the ride to Orlando. We were just about the only car on the road the whole way up LOL. We got there just as the storm was picking up steam and the parks were all closed the next day. But everything was open the next day and the crowds were sparse to say the least. Turned out great for us. In fact the twins are hurricane babies, they were conceived while we were there, and I'm just guessing, but I would be willing to bet it was the day of the storm hehehehehe.

Well this storm became a "dry jerk".... Yeah for us....:D
It's going to be another good practice run and get the team together.
Really a great group of people to serve with.

Prof said:
strm5_strike_277x187.jpg

Here come da judge, Here come da judge...

I know most of you don't remember that phrase...

Be safe all, that is what is important everything else is just dollars...just finished $100,000 in repairs on the house in Marathon flooded by Wilma last fall...ready to go at it again if necessary...hope not...

NBT if you go to the Keys, you guys are welcome to use my house...if it...well you know what I mean...

Thanks bud... the BOO would most likely be in a mall or store parking lot...somewhere that can be secured...and hold a crap load of equipment.

Getting there sometimes.....does have it's "bumps" in the road...

FLTF-3HurricainesIvan030.jpg

Pretty sure everyone gets the hell out of there... mandatory evacuations.
Hope the best for ya after this "thunderstorm" passes.
Has to be tough with an elevation there....of about 3'.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back