I can't believe it

K-80-123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As most of you know my wife and I lost our best buddie in the whole world....our English Bulldog Spike a few weeks ago.....he died suddenly and unexpectedly in my wifes arms as she was getting ready for work.

The day he died we took him to the vet down the street who is a friend of ours....we decided to have his body cremated and his ashes returned to us....this dog was so much a part of our family it is hard to describe and we just did not want to bury him in the back yard.

About two weeks go by and the Vet calls and says Spike ashes are ready to be picked up....I go to the vet and pick them up the wife is still having trouble with this and did not want to go with me.....his ashes were placed in a beautiful wood box that is sealed and has his name birthday and the day he died etched into the wood.....really looked nice.....and a certificate from "Pets at Peace" that certified this was Spikes remains. Billed our credit card the $140.00 for the service.

A week goes by the wife and I walk by the box and it just makes us sad.....last night we get a call from the Vet....said she had to put another dog to sleep and was placing him in the freezer and there was Spikes body still in the freezer WTF....She said she was very sorry for this and did not know how it happened.....who do we have in the box with Spikes name on it?.....a poodle, cat, ect.....I don't get it......so we are sending Spike to another place to get this done right.....I guess you never really know on a situation like this.

Walt

Last edited:
unfortunately thats how it is with humans also. you pay to get creamated, but they creamate you with other people. Then they divide the ashes up accordingly, so in reality you not only have your loved one, but the ashes of others as well....hope i didnt offend anybody.

Walt...

I can appreciate your Vet's honesty, but I'm sure that is of no help to you and your wife. It is a shame when we intrust others to do what is expected of them, only to find they have failed.

Sorry to hear about this Walt, definitely salt in the wound....

Hope you get it straightened out.

WTF???

Total bs... You pay to have a specific thing like that done and they screw it up. I understand mistakes are made, but to that magnitude? F-ing ridiculous.

Sorry to hear. Hope everything works out and you all have peace.

Geez..That sucks..At least they owned up to their mistake..

Damn. I have had 4 animals die of old age in the last couple years and had them cremated. I specifically requested they be done individually and paid more for that. Now I wonder if the ashes are even my animals. This is not cool! I feel for you bro.

Walt,
I've been trying to think of something to say on this thread all day, and frankly I just can't come up with the right words. My thoughts are with you guys Walt.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back