I did the math dodgeff232

walenator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on our dyno numbers and add the reduction of 20% of rear wheel hp, I calculate my hp to be 518 which is fair with a drop in and muffler. Yours calculates to 585. You ain't getting that just with exhaust. Your PCM is flashed. Only makes sense because of the other quality add-ons. Maybe there is a way to tell on your PCM? A number or sticker perhaps.

walenator said:
Based on our dyno numbers and add the reduction of 20% of rear wheel hp, I calculate my hp to be 518 which is fair with a drop in and muffler. Yours calculates to 585. You ain't getting that just with exhaust. Your PCM is flashed. Only makes sense because of the other quality add-ons. Maybe there is a way to tell on your PCM? A number or sticker perhaps.
It's not a 20% loss on a RC. It's more like 16%. ;)

Okay you guys aren't making feel good about my numbers, you bastards. I was implying that dodgeff232 was making a lot of hp just with exhaust. My self esteem has taken another dive.:( :( :(

i was thinkin about that today. there is no way the headers and no cats w/ a magnaflow is adding that much. and the way it sounds, i was wondering if it has a aftermarket cam too, Ron and all the guys were asking me about it. I could have a flash too, i don't know how to tell.

dodgeff232 said:
i was thinkin about that today. there is no way the headers and no cats w/ a magnaflow is adding that much. and the way it sounds, i was wondering if it has a aftermarket cam too, Ron and all the guys were asking me about it. I could have a flash too, i don't know how to tell.

I think I'm in the same boat. I haven't had my truck on the dyno yet, but I'm pretty sure I've got a cam in mine. The dealership that sold it to me thought so as well.

Mine has the Mopar race computer that is supposed to be matched to the coupe cam.

I guess I could get a lift gauge and test it?:dontknow: Would it even be acurate being that we have hydraulic lifters?:dontknow:

Man, i just got up and saw that you posted. If you've got the mopar pcm it will say right on the cover. mine says something to the effect of " mopar race pcm not legal for smog controlled vehicles"

Its on the left side of the firewall as your looking at the engine from the front.

walenator said:

Are we talking RWHP? Cause with my Roe i'm only making 500ish RWHP and my best run last night was a 12.94 @ 106mph. The other two guys with Stage II's and exhuast (one highflow one catless) were running 13.6 ish @ 103.

This is in Alberta Canada at about 3000 elevation.

Deibs said:
Are we talking RWHP? Cause with my Roe i'm only making 500ish RWHP and my best run last night was a 12.94 @ 106mph. The other two guys with Stage II's and exhuast (one highflow one catless) were running 13.6 ish @ 103.

This is in Alberta Canada at about 3000 elevation.

I don't know if the elevation will make that much of a difference? 500 for a blown truck seems low to me though.:dontknow:

I see its a quad cab but damn that seems wierd.

It's tough to say on HP.. the Roe has such terrible heat soak. I can pull off a 12.9 and then for the rest of the night it's 13.2.. 13.4. It definatly needs a proper CAI and then it could be consistent. The 12.9 does give me an estimate of 560 RWHP but then like i say it goes right back down to 520ish..

Deibs said:
It's tough to say on HP.. the Roe has such terrible heat soak. I can pull off a 12.9 and then for the rest of the night it's 13.2.. 13.4. It definatly needs a proper CAI and then it could be consistent. The 12.9 does give me an estimate of 560 RWHP but then like i say it goes right back down to 520ish..

Do you have a 3" exhaust system? Cat Delete? It needs to breath.

And yes, heat soak is an issue. NOS can do wonders for heat soak. :D

Bone said:

Speaking of 3", my truck took a hit in power (25 horsepower) when I went with the 3" B&B Hi Flow cat system (no headers). So today, I took them off and went back to the 2.5" stock 4 cat system. I will know Friday if it is back to normal again. I think the 3" is too big for a N/A setup and it was over scavenging during overlap. 3" might be o.k. at sea level but it didn't like it here at all.

I was racing with Deibs and Jeverett at Bud Raceway last Friday and my truck has been struggling to hit 100 m.p.h. ever since the mids. It used to hit 103 with relative ease. I did manage a 101 but it shouldn't have been that much of an effort.

Ron

Last edited:
Bone said:

Oh yeah she's 3" :) If Jamie ever gets that video up of Friday you'll be able to hear the truck... she breaths! :D

I'd really like to come down to Calgary Friday to check out your run! I just don't see it happening with my mishap :( Although i might come down on the motorbike if i get off work early enough.

Deibs said:
Oh yeah she's 3" :) If Jamie ever gets that video up of Friday you'll be able to hear the truck... she breaths! :D

I'd really like to come down to Calgary Friday to check out your run! I just don't see it happening with my mishap :( Although i might come down on the motorbike if i get off work early enough.

18 degrees, it should be a great turnout...
Start puking through your nose; that usually gets you off work early!

Last edited:
walenator said:
Okay you guys aren't making feel good about my numbers, you bastards. I was implying that dodgeff232 was making a lot of hp just with exhaust. My self esteem has taken another dive.:( :( :(

Have you had it to the track? From your times and especially your M.P.H., you can calculate what it IS MAKING for power.
I mean, in the end, are we racing dynos or other vehicles?

For my truck to run 103 M.P.H. (5610 pound race weight with a 2.1 60 foot) requires 410 wheel. My dyno pull was 425 wheel corrected which is what the manual transmission Vipers make around here; so mine was pretty close in this case.
Again, your M.P.H. will indicate just how much power your truck is making. The dyno is a tool but they can be all over the place and really piss people off (including me).

600 wheel would be nice but if I am running 100 M.P.H. flat, in my truck, I am NOT making 600 wheel.
For the record, 600 wheel should be real close to 116 M.P.H. if it hooked up properly.

Last edited:
my truck has a built motor with a mopar cam, if your truck has the mopar aftermarket cam YOU WILL KNOW just from the way it idles. the truck would not even run with a stock pcm in it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back