i HATE OUR QC tranny

ramviper10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is like the 5th time mines got messed up some minor sliping and mis shifting i've tookin it to the dealer n got it fixed everytime. i took it a while back cuz i felt it sliping the tranny guy drove it n said it was fine i told him to report it thou becuase the warranty was about to expire.
and now on my way back home from work it complety gone it wont shift it barly goes into gear and theres load whistling and crackling noises comeing from it lucky i was close to my house .............:mad: :mad: :mad:

i had the same problems until they changed the valve body ... took them three times in the shop for 5 days each time , ask them if they have changed the valve body , and make sure they pay for your rental as i am sure you have ...

yea they paid for the rental they just changed my vavle body on the last visit not to long ago they changed basicly everything

Must be hit or miss.Mine works fine.I am sure you like hearing that! Sorry dude.

Mine was recently replaced under warranty, they definately need to be strengthened a bit!!:confused:

flchub said:
maybe only the red ones have good tranny's
Nope, I just did a full billet build on mine. But then again, I probably caused the problem.

i have a guy who will do a complete rebuild with whatever parts u want installed for $700 labor only

Isn't that the same tranny used in the diesel's? I would think it would hold up to the high torque and hp. Friends of mine run huge numbers with their turbo diesels and aftermarket programmers.

Better include the Yellow ones that don't have problems !!!I'm sitting with 53,000mi and no problems !!!:dontknow:

6pakattack said:
Better include the Yellow ones that don't have problems !!!I'm sitting with 53,000mi and no problems !!!:dontknow:

same here...no probs at all...even after the boy flatens the pan to the valve body:dontknow:

After I had my tranny built.. she shifts so hard into second gear.. its gets sideways on me... kinda funny to watch the cars behind me reaction... then they pull next me and ask "what the hell is in that thing..."

azpyroguy said:
After I had my tranny built.. she shifts so hard into second gear.. its gets sideways on me... kinda funny to watch the cars behind me reaction... then they pull next me and ask "what the hell is in that thing..."
Thats got to bring a smile to your face! :burnout:

mosrt10 said:
Isn't that the same tranny used in the diesel's? I would think it would hold up to the high torque and hp. Friends of mine run huge numbers with their turbo diesels and aftermarket programmers.

They are a diesel tranny but they're not made to handle the high rpm's that we like to take these trucks to. They can handle the torque all day long.

i would say thats the biggest reasons they have been hit and miss......some of you guys put your foot to the floor 24/7....others only 23/7

BlackKnight said:
They are a diesel tranny but they're not made to handle the high rpm's that we like to take these trucks to. They can handle the torque all day long.

They can handle Torque Like the Diesels But they can't handle the Horsepower. Remember the diesels Only got 350 Hp but tons of torque. But ours have 500 Hp! Thats the reason why. I hope all Qc Owners aren't having this problem:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back