I hate selling things on Craigs list

iraqivet01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been posting an old trucks and a Cleveland engine that I have rebuilt awhile back.

Weeding throught all the BS e-mails from turds that want you to give it away, and then get hostile when you don't. Hell no wonder i have kept this stuff so long. I just hate dealing with all the trash that come out of the wood work.

I swear if I get one more that ask me if I would be willing to trade, I'll say "yes", just so I can go meet these turds and choke the living shit out of them.

I just had a really good experience selling something on Craigs. It was only up there three days maybe. I up priced it a little knowing I would have to come off it some. It's part of playing the game. You gotta throw the buyer a bone to make him feel he's got a good deal. I still have two other items there for sale but one is priced as "Firm". I did get one "Trade" email but I just explained that I wasn't interested. I'm hoping my two other items sell as smoothly as the first one did. Goos luck with your sales.

iraqivet01 said:
I have been posting an old trucks and a Cleveland engine that I have rebuilt awhile back.

Weeding throught all the BS e-mails from turds that want you to give it away, and then get hostile when you don't. Hell no wonder i have kept this stuff so long. I just hate dealing with all the trash that come out of the wood work.

I swear if I get one more that ask me if I would be willing to trade, I'll say "yes", just so I can go meet these turds and choke the living shit out of them.

.....at least your taking it well. Kinda making Lemonade out of the whole deal :) Maybe today's the day, good luck.

I got rid of an old dryer after we bought a new set. it went pretty quick, but of course I was selling it for 50 dollars.

Try selling an old truck or car part, and watch the scum come to the surface to feed.

I had one guy who drove in with his trailer after I we agreed on a price. He showed up with only about half the money, and tried to get me to take the rest in a check that wasn't even in his name. I had my son go inside and call the Police, and then he had to explain to them why he trying to pass a check off that wasn't in his name.

That one reason I use an e-mail account that not in my name, or have my address on it.

iraqivet01 said:

LOL LOL! I know what you mean! I have sold two cars myself, my first and my LAST.
I was so arrgavated by the time I finally sold the car I wished I had given the first guy $1000 and told him to just take the thing.:mad:

i was a bit drunk last night when i got back from the bar, and i thought i was in a clear enough state to check my email to see...(i have a few items on there, now)...so this guy asks me if i want to trade my 400ex for a banshee (which, in retrospect, is a legit question, how's he supposed to know what i want, right) so in my intoxicatedness, fired off my reply...

you wanna make me 5 mortgage payments?

well i wrote him another email this morning, with a clear head, and respectablly declined his offer...

that's the risk you have to deal with...i mean, we can't sell ALL of our shit to our friends...or can we?????

No doubt. Sometimes you get some real winners.

I've had pretty good luck out here for the most part.

I had a guy offer me a nice bike for my blown BBC. When I asked him about the value of the bike, he started telling me what a crap shoot it was buying a blower engine, and sometimes they'd blow up on the first run. I replied by asking him why on earth he would offer his motorcycle if he felt that way.

Never heard from him again.

I sold one of my Astro vans on Wednesday in 1 hour and got almost what I was asking. Sometimes it just works out like that.

A rebuilt cleveland............... I need one would you be willing to trade?

I got a pack of chicklets and two toothpicks!

bigike said:
A rebuilt cleveland............... I need one would you be willing to trade?

I got a pack of chicklets and two toothpicks!

quick go meet and strangle him! :D :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

I sold a 50`projection tv in a couple of hours for $300. I was so stoked.......I thought I was gonna have to pay somebody to take it off my hands!!! LOL

I guess I got lucky.

patrick

iraqivet01 said:

same here... try to sell a rare car (like a SRT:rock: ), lots of BS from guys who think they can afford it without having a nail to scratch their ass... .
Also dealer btw, when you want to trade or try to sell your truck is worth nothing but when they sell it the week after....:argh: :argh: :argh:
Lucky the real petrolhead knows to appreciate it.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back